Consultancy on signing framework contracts to provide Humanitarian Emergency Affairs and Disaster Risk Reduction related services
Please send your application package to email@example.com by 17h00, 6 June 2023 Vietnam time.
Email subject: WVV - Consultant for HEA - DRR/FWC - Your name
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision (WV) helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision International in Vietnam (WVI Vietnam) has been funded 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVI Vietnam consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVI Vietnam employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVI Vietnam is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVI Vietnam’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVI Vietnam’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVI Vietnam is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
During the year, we will need consultants to carry out some activities related to Child Protection and Child Participation program for several APs/Projects. Thus, we are going to hire 2 consultants signing frame contracts with us to cover one or all activities as details below.
Scope of Services
1. Conduct TOT training for community-based Disaster Risk Management/ Disaster Risk Reduction-Response to Climate Change (CBDRM/DRR-RCC): 3-5 days
2. Conduct training on Disaster, climate change risk assessment/vulnerability - capacity assessment (VCA) for community members: 2-3 days
3. Conduct disaster, climate change risk assessment/vulnerability, capacity assessment (to refer to MARD's Guideline for Implementation of CBDRM): 3-5 days
4. Facilitate the development/updating of Community Disaster Preparedness Plans/Community-based Disaster Risk Reduction Plans (CDPP/CBDRRP) and measures at different levels: 1-2 days
5. Conduct training for RRTs (CBDRM/DRR-RCC; Forecasting/Early Warning, Rescue and First aid, DANA/DALA): 3-5 days
6. Conduct training on Safe School Initiative for teachers, children: 3-5 days
- Bachelor degree in the relevant fields.
- Good knowledge and understanding about DRM policies, architecture and system in Vietnam, particularly CBDRM program/certification of CBDRM ToT is preferred;
- Sound experience and skills in active learning methods, particularly for adult training adults.
- Good understanding/experience with the target localities’ disaster risks and disaster risk management structure is an advantage