Consultant(s) for Baseline KAP Survey for Against Child Exploitation Project
Please send your application package to email@example.com by 17h00, 30 October 2022 Vietnam time.
Email subject: WVV - Consultant team for ACE project baseline study
The ACE Project is implemented by World Vision Viet Nam October 2021 to September 2024. Key implementation partners are local government agencies at national level (MOLISA – Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs), provincial and district level (DOLISA, the Police, DOJ – Department of Justice), commune levels (CPCs – Child Protection Committees, mass organizations, local community groups /Community Based organizations), and private sector (informal and small-scale formal business enterprises and institutions). Following are key Project goal, objective and outcomes:
Overall Goal: To contribute to the elimination of WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work in Vietnam
Project Level Objective: To strengthen the capacity of the Government of Vietnam to address WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work
• Outcome 1: Improved enforcement of the legal framework and policies pertaining to WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work in Vietnam
• Outcome 2: Improved assistance services for victims of WFCL, including OSEC
• Outcome 3: Strengthened partnerships to accelerate progress in addressing WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work in Vietnam.
The objectives of baseline study are the following:
i) To establish baseline for selected project indicators.
ii) To analyze information collected on the knowledge, attitude and practices in target areas, to related indicators.
iii) To provide recommendations to guide and refine the activities and targeting for project implementation.
1. Develop and present technical proposal and financial plan.
2. Develop data collection tools and workplan in coordination with the project team.
3. Submit the inception report. (Including finalized items of # 1 and # 2 above)
4. Conduct the Knowledge Attitude and Practices (KAP) study in the project areas.
5. Submit the draft report and preliminary findings.
6. Lead the report validation process with ACE team and stakeholders.
7. Submit final report detailing the findings, conclusions, targeted recommendations, experiences, and lessons learned.
Step 1: Designing
• Project document review
• Develop data collection tools and tool testing
• Half day debriefing meeting on the field work agenda and logistic preparation between the consultant and ACE field staff
Step 2: Data collection in three provinces
• Conduct data collection and entry
Steps 3: Data analysis, report and use
• Draft survey report
• Facilitate a sharing and consultation workshop with ACE team and key partners (One day)
• Finalize the report
The total of consultant days for the entire mission completion is not more than 80 working days (for both consultants) during a period Noveber 2022 to February 2023.
III. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The period performance for the evaluation is expected to be 1st December 2022 to 15 February 2023. Subject to change depending the consultant’s availability.
IV. CONSULTANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Interested candidates will be asked to send an application package in English containing:
• Expression of Interest;
• A technical proposal including proposed methods and a work plan, and indicative budget.
• CVs demonstrating relevant capacity and experience including 2 references
• Two examples of baseline /assessment/ evaluation reports of similar programs (e.g., Child Labor, Online Sexual Exploitation of Children, or Child Protection themes) written by the applicants
(Please see more details in Terms of Reference)
The successful consultant(s) should have the following qualifications to effectively carry out the training:
• Master degree in social sciences, development sciences, or a related field;
• Strong knowledge and 5-year experience in relevant field (Child Labor, OSEC, Child Protection policy and practices) in Vietnam;
• Demonstrable expertise in designing and conducting program baseline surveys /studies using result framework approach
• Experience in designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection in program assessments, baseline surveys, and/or evaluations
• Excellent and demonstrable skill in participatory monitoring and evaluation methodologies and approaches;
• Excellent report writing skill, in English and in Vietnamese;
• Excellent critical thinking and interpersonal communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure, as an individual and in a team.