Consultant(s) to conduct community consultation meeting to inform the development of IEC materials for ACE Project
Please send your application package to email@example.com by 17h00, 6 November 2022 Vietnam time.
Email subject: WVV - Consultant(s) to conduct community consultation meeting for ACE project
The Against Child Exploitation (ACE) project, funded by United States Department of Labor, has commenced since 2019 in the Philippines with the view to strengthening the capacity of the Philippine government to address the Worst Forms of Child Labor (WFCL) including Online Sexual Exploitation of Children (OSEC), and violations of acceptable conditions of work. Building on fruitful results achieved in Philippines, the ACE project will be implemented Nov 2021 to September 2024 in Vietnam in 6 target districts of 3 target provinces (Điện Biên province: Tuần Giáo and Mường Ảng District, Đà Nẵng city: Hải Châu, Liên Chiểu, Sơn Trà District, and Quảng Nam province: Tam Kỳ city) toward the expected outcomes as follows:
• Outcome 1: Improved enforcement of the legal framework and policies pertaining to the WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work.
• Outcome 2: Improved assistance services for victims of WFCL and / or OSEC.
• Outcome 3: Strengthened partnerships to accelerate progress in addressing the WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work (ACW)
In Việt Nam, the project will direct technical support and engage with a wide range of government, social partners, civil society and business entities in its implementation to enhance government efforts to counter child labour, to contribute to the national strategy in prevention and reduction of child labour, especially to address WFCL including OSEC.
In an effort to achieve the Outcome 1, World Vision Việt Nam would like to hire a consultant/consultancy team to conduct children and community consultation to inform the development of IEC materials in order to enhance knowledge and raise awareness of target audiences about identification and reporting cases of WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work in three project provinces.
The overall objective of the assignment is to conduct consultation with children, the community and relevant community-based organizations in three target provinces, to inform the development of information, education and communication (IEC) materials in order to enhance knowledge and raise awareness of target audiences about identification and reporting cases of WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work.
• A comprehensive and relevant consultation is conducted with target audiences following a set of suggested content, contributing to achieve the expected objective.
• Results of the consultation will inform the proposal of IEC materials which are intended for different target groups.
• The proposal should include but not limited to the following items:
o Printed media (poster, flyer, booklet, comics…)
• For each material, consultants are requested to provide evidence-based justification for proposal (for example: informed by the consultation…),and identify target audiences, channels and proper content
II. SCOPES OF WORK
1. Conduct desk study on:
• Available related materials (the project and other organizations)
• Target audiences to determines the most appropriate consultation activities, methods and tools
2. Discuss and agree with the project team on the proposed consultation materials and plan
• Conduct data collection and entry
3. Conduct consultation work
• Draft survey report
• Facilitate a sharing and consultation workshop with ACE team and key partners (One day)
• Finalize the report
4. Propose a collection of IEC materials, including:
• Key highlights the consultation
• List of IEC materials and guidelines to use
5. Share and discuss the proposal with the project team
6. Revise the proposal following inputs the project team
7. Share the finalized proposal with the project team
Total consultancy days will be based on practical proposal of consultant but not exceed 24 days (which cover all above tasks in three provinces).
III. CONSULTANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Interested candidates will be asked to send an application package in English containing:
• CV (including full name, title, agency, contact phone number, relevant training experience)
• Proposed outline
• Proposal for Consulting Fee (inclusive of expenses for personal meals) & Consulting Duration
(Please see more details in Terms of Reference)
The successful consultant(s) should have the following qualifications to effectively carry out the training:
• Master degree in social sciences, development sciences, or a related field;
• Strong knowledge and 5-year experience in relevant field (Child Labor, OSEC, Child Protection policy and practices) in Vietnam;
• Demonstrable expertise in designing and conducting program baseline surveys /studies using result framework approach
• Experience in designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection in program assessments, baseline surveys, and/or evaluations
• Excellent and demonstrable skill in participatory monitoring and evaluation methodologies and approaches;
• Excellent report writing skill, in English and in Vietnamese;
• Excellent critical thinking and interpersonal communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure, as an individual and in a team.