WVV - Consultant for Against Child Exploitation (ACE) Project - Child Labor Partnership Assessment
Please send your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17h00, 7 June 2023 Vietnam time.
Email subject: WVV - Consultant for ACE/Child Labor Partnership Assessment - Your name
The ACE Project is implemented by World Vision Viet Nam from October 2021 to September 2024. Key implementation partners are local government agencies at national level (MOLISA – Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs), provincial and district level (DOLISA, the Police, DOJ – Department of Justice), commune levels (CPCs – Child Protection Committees, mass organizations, local community groups /Community Based organizations), and private sector (informal and small-scale formal business enterprises and institutions). Following are key Project goal, objective and outcomes:
Overall Goal: To contribute to the elimination of WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work in Vietnam
Project Level Objective: To strengthen the capacity of the Government of Vietnam to address WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work
Outcome 1: Improved enforcement of the legal framework and policies pertaining to WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work in Vietnam
Outcome 2: Improved assistance services for victims of WFCL, including OSEC
Outcome 3: Strengthened partnerships to accelerate progress in addressing WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work in Vietnam
The Consultant should refer to Appendix # 1 and # 2 for full details of the project theory of change including the project logics for desired objective, outcomes, outputs, and representative activities
The Project takes place in 6 districts (25 communes/wards) of three provinces of Dien Bien, Danang, and Quang Nam. Key Implementing Partners are:
At National level: The Department of Children Welfares under Ministry of Labor, Invalid and Social Affairs (MOLISA);
At Provincial and District levels: DOLISA, the Police (under the umbrella of Provincial People’s Committees); Labor Inspectors play an important role in ensure related laws and policies are enforced. At district level, there are Child Protection Units under DOLISA who are responsible for children’s wellbeing, especially, children in extremely difficult circumstances.
At commune/ward and village levels: Key implementors are CPCs (Child Protection Committees) who are members of Commune People’s Committees. Usually, a CPC includes 15 staff with various functions to child protection such as the Child Protection Staff, the Police, the staff of Justice Unit, member of Women’s Unition etc.
The purpose of this assessment is to validate six principles of partnerships among target organizations at national and provincial levels. Specific objectives are the following:
i) To assess the level of partnerships of two national level bodies and the PBCPs at three project provinces, by using six principles in the Partnership Assessment Tool (the tool is available at Partnerships Assessment Tools)
ii) To provide recommendations to refine the activities in outcome # 3 on Strengthened Partnerships
III. Major Responsibilities:
1. To Conduct assessment of selected partnerships the consultant needs to adapt the Partnership Assessment Tool in Vietnamese language that will be used for data collection and analysis
2. To review the project framework at outcome # 3: strengthened partnerships and provide activities/actions to compliment the designed activities of the project
Please kindly find more information in attached TOR.
- Master degree in social sciences, development sciences, or other related fields;
- Relevant academic background : 30 %
- Relevant experience in undertaking assessment /study of development projects in Vietnam: 30 %
- Ability /experience to facilitated meeting with national/provincial government leaders and technical staff and INGOs in Vietnam: 20 %
- Competitive financial plan: 20 %
- Strong knowledge and 5-year experience in programs/project/consultancy in the field of civil society organizations, partnerships development and/or organizational development;
- Experience in working with government of Vietnam at national and provincial levels;
- Knowledge of Child Protection System and development context in Vietnam is preferable;
- Experience in designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection in program assessments, baseline surveys, and/or evaluations
- Excellent and demonstrable skill in participatory methods of training/meeting/data collection events;
- Excellent report writing skill, in English and in Vietnamese;
- Excellent critical thinking and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, as an individual and in a team;
Applications should include:
i) Expression of Interest;
ii) A technical proposal including proposed methods and a work plan, and indicative budget.
iii) CVs demonstrating relevant capacity and experience including 2 references
iv) One example of baseline /assessment/ evaluation reports of similar missions with international NGOs in Vietnam