WVV Consultant for Training Workshop on Facilitating Report and Referral Mechanism on Child Protection at local level
Please send your application package to email@example.com by 17h00, 16 May 2023 Vietnam time.
Email subject: WVV - Consultant for [National training on RR] - Your name
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they enjoy their rights and achieve full development. World Vision Vietnam is implementing development programs in 30 Area Programmes (APs) in 14 provinces in the technical ministries, including 1) Child Protection & Participation, 2) Health & Nutrition and 3) Livelihoods for sustainable child-wellbeing.
Child Protection & Participation Technical Program (CPP TP) is undergoing the implementation of the National Strategy for the period 2023 – 2027. The goal of CPP TP is to protect children from all forms of violence and participate in decision making through systemic child protection approach in 30 Area Programs with the following objectives:
- Girls and boys, especially the most vulnerable, have the capacity and voice to protect themselves and their peers from all forms of violence
- The community, including parents and caregivers, demonstrates behaviors that provide a caring and protective environment for all girls and boys, especially the most vulnerable
- Child Protection formal and informal mechanisms are strengthened to collaborate effectively in providing quality child protection services to protect most vulnerable children from all forms of violence
- Strengthened accountability & policy implementation for child protection
Contributing to the objective of “Child Protection formal and informal mechanisms are strengthened to collaborate effectively in providing quality child protection services to protect most vulnerable children from all forms of violence”, World Vision Vietnam has enhanced the operation of Child Protection Committees (CPC) at commune level in providing child protection services for children at risks and victims of abuse and violence. In which, Reporting and Referral mechanism led and coordinated by CPC plays a crucial role in responding to a local complaint reported by someone who has identified potential risk or harm being done to a child with clear roles of both formal and informal actors. Therefore, World Vision Vietnam has been working with local CPC system to facilitate and enhance an effective reporting, referral, follow-up and monitoring of child protection incidents at local community.
World Vision Vietnam is looking for competent consultants to adapt training materials on effective reporting and referral mechanism (R&R) on child protection and deliver a training for managers and technical staff on how to facilitate and enhance the R&R with local stakeholders. The training is primarily targeted for CPP technical officers and AP managers for their rolling out training and facilitating CPC to enhance local R&R in targeted communes. The key objectives and expected results of the consultancy package are required as below.
Objectives and Expected results:
- Provide an overview of Law/legal regulations and policies on child protection in Vietnam context;
2. Expected results:
- Participants will obtain knowledge and skill on Child Protection system and law/polices and how to facilitating an effective R&R mechanism at local level.
3. Participants: 37 people
- Child Protection & Participation team: 7 participants (CPP NO and TPOs)
- AP Managers/coordinators: 30 participants
4. Time and Venue:
- Time: 23 May 2023
- Venue: Hanoi (to be confirm on detailed address)
5. Tentative agenda:
Training agenda will be developed with hired consultants based on the objectives and expected results of the training for WVV staff.
Role and responsibilities of the hired consultants:
- Facilitate the session on overview of Law/legal regulations and policies on child protection in Vietnam context.
- Must follow the Safeguarding Policy of World Vision Vietnam
Consultant selection criteria:
- Expert in child protection sector and community-based child protection system.
- Experience in consultancy related to research, materials and guidance development in child protection
- Field experience in case management and response
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of child protection work and child protection systems
- Consultancy fee included meals and personal income tax;
- WVI will arrange and pay for the accommodation, flight ticket, taxi. These costs are excluded to the consultancy fee proposed;