Project Coordinator - “Increasing the Resilience to Risks of Ethnic Minorities in Dien Bien” (Dien Bien IREM Project)
Please apply via this link: Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 14 provinces and cities. WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
The Dien Bien IREM Project will be operated at Muong Cha, Tuan Giao, Muong Ang Districts, Dien Bien Province and Dien Bien Phu City (With provincial activities) from October 2023 to November 2024. The project plans to achieve Goal & main outcomes as below:
The project goal: to increase Dien Bien Ethnic Minorities Resilience to Disasters through enhancing rollout of community-based disaster risk management (CBDRM) and Safe School Framework with the focus on inclusion of Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion (GEDSI). This will be achieved by seeking change on the following outcomes:
Outcome 1: Enhanced implementation of CBDRM in target communes of three districts of Muong Cha, Tuan Giao and Muong Ang and Dien Bien Province.
Outcome 2: Enhanced implementation Safe School Framework in target communes of three districts of Muong Cha, Tuan Giao and Muong Ang - Under the light of Comprehensive School Safety Framework 2022-2030, which was just launched by the Global Alliance for Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience in Education Sector (GADRRRES).
WVV will implement the project activities related to the 02 outcomes. WVV will recruit one Project Manager, one Project Coordinator, two Project Officers and one Financial Officer to implement the designated project component.
This position will be responsible for connecting between Project Manager and the rest of the team, key partners at district and provincial levels to achieve all project outcomes, and outputs as specified in the approved project proposal and logical framework within the planned budgets.
This position will assist the Project Manager in maintaining an effective DME system; as well as in building capacity for project staff and local partners on DME; prepare all related reports such as monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports, etc. Support project officers and local partners to record all key results are well documented for reporting, auditing and other purposes.
This position is also to work with Technical Departments to coordinate training courses or events which are held at the district and provincial levels.
This position will assist the project Manager to coordinate implementation all project activities as planned. Besides that he/she will be responsibility to implement project activities at Muong Ang District and Dien Bien Province.
Relationship and Networking (15%)
- Support Project Manager to build cooperative relation and maintain effective network with relevant development partners at different levels.
- Establish effective partnerships with selected government departments/agencies such as Committee for Disaster Prevention & Control (CNDPC), DARD, DONRE, and target communities involved in the project implementation process.
- Well cooperate with related agencies at different levels to ensure technical support for project implementation.
- Effective assistance is provided to Project Manager in coordinating and receiving visits from Donor, WV staff from other APs/Project/National Office and interested parties.
Project Activities Implementation (50%)
- Ensure all project activities to be coordinated to implement effectively according to the approved proposal/Log frame, which are relevant and in alignment with WVV’s Technical Approach.
- Ensure the project meet World Vision International and donor accountability standards through continuous monitoring of the project implementation and field staff performance.
- Provide high quality, accurate, and timely reports including narrative progressive reports and financial reports according to Grant donor requirements are prepared
- Implement other tasks relating to project implementation as assigned by Operation Director, Zone Manager and Project Manager in order to effectively implement the Project.
Project Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (15%)
- Assist Project Manager in facilitating all related project activities at provincial & district levels.
- Assist Project Manager and local partners to collect and analyse monitoring data using the log frame and WVV’s standardized monitoring tools and documentation.
- Assist Project Manager to prepare projectreports including monthly, quarterly, semi-annual report and annual report according to the Grant donor’s and WV’s requirements.
Capacity Building (15%)
- Conduct or implement capacity building on project implementation activities at the different levels and other relevant agencies.
- Provide technical trainings related events according to project design.
- Documentation of good practices, lesson learnt and Transformational stories and other documentations upon request
- Implement other admin tasks as being assigned by Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in multi-disciplinary of economic - social or community development/environment/ agriculture or related fields.
- Demonstrated skill in project management, with required competency in Design - Monitoring - Evaluation functions.
- Community mobilisation skills, including networking/coordination among different local partners;
- Demonstrated training and group facilitation skills;
- Good management skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Well-developed writing and oral communication skills in both English and Vietnamese.
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Power point and email;
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience.
- Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach would be an advantage.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Experience in grant project management.
- Experience of working with ethnic minorities.
- Experience in INGO-funded project planning and implementation.