Project Manager - “Increasing the Resilience to Risks of Ethnic Minorities in Dien Bien” (Dien Bien IREM Project)
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Email subject: [WVI Dien Bien IREM PM] - Your Name
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 14 provinces and cities. WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
The Dien Bien IREM Project will be operated at Muong Cha, Tuan Giao, Muong Ang Districts, Dien Bien Province and Dien Bien Phu City (With provincial activities) from October 2023 to November 2024. The project plans to achieve Goal & main outcomes as below:
The project goal: to increase Dien Bien Ethnic Minorities Resilience to Disasters through enhancing rollout of community-based disaster risk management (CBDRM) and Safe School Framework with the focus on inclusion of Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion (GEDSI). This will be achieved by seeking change on the following outcomes:
Outcome 1: Enhanced implementation of CBDRM in target communes of three districts of Muong Cha, Tuan Giao and Muong Ang and Dien Bien Province.
Outcome 2: Enhanced implementation Safe School Framework in target communes of three districts of Muong Cha, Tuan Giao and Muong Ang - Under the light of Comprehensive School Safety Framework 2022-2030, which was just launched by the Global Alliance for Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience in Education Sector (GADRRRES).
WVV will implement the project activities related to the 02 outcomes. WVV will recruit one Project Manager, one Project Coordinator, two Project Officers and one Financial Officer to implement the designated project component.
To be responsible for achieving the goal, outcomes, and outputs of IREM project design document and its Log-frame.
1. Leadership/Management (40%):
- Leadership and management are provided to the Project Team in planning, implementing, and monitoring outputs and activities as described in the project design and logframe.
- Semi-annual and year-end performance reviews/management are undertaken.
- Team members are developed effective DRR professionals to ensure the team is capable of carrying out quality work.
- Work closely with target locations and related stakeholders during the implementation of the IREM project.
- Assistance is provided in analyzing and planning for appropriate staffing levels and developing job descriptions for team members and support staff.
- Lessons learned from other related AP and projects’ activities are obtained and utilized.
- Serve as a resource for disseminating knowledge and skills to WVV, other WV entities and other agencies.
- Seamless integration of IREM project’ activities existing WVV AP where applicable.
2. Co-ordination and Relationship (30%):
- Effective working relationships with Provincial officials, departments/agencies and relevant Government of Vietnam ministries are built and nurtured.
- Represent WVV in external meetings and act as the contact person with relevant government officials, departments/agencies.
- Effective working relationships with District People’ Committee, Committee for Disaster Prevention and Control (CDPC) at provincial and district levels Department of Resources and Environment, Department of Agricultural and Rural Development, Department of Education and Training and other related agencies.
- Effective links with the wider target community is built in order to raise awareness of WVV’s philosophy and approach to development in general and to IREM measures in particular and foster the ownership and participation of the community in IREM Project activities.
- Coordination is fostered and duplication of effort is avoided in the IREM target areas by interacting with AP and other project, agencies, and Government.
- Serve as a bridge between IREM staff, project partners, AP staff, the Operations Director and related departments/units at National Office level such as Humanitarian & Emergency Affairs (HEA) & Climate Resilience, Program Effectiveness Unit (PEU), Finance, Communication, Grant Acquisition & Management (GAM) and so on.
3. Monitoring and Evaluation (20%):
- Monitoring Tools for each IREM output and outcome are developed in coordination with PEU staff following a Baseline survey at the beginning of the project.
- Interim narrative progress and other periodical reports are prepared for submission to WV Germany donors.
- An end-of-project evaluation (internal -WV Vietnam) and audit (external) are planned and implemented.
- Lead the team to document best practices of the programme and share to others.
4. Finance and Administration (10%):
- Financial policies and procedures are followed and the integrity of financial documents, procedures and reports is ensured by liaising with the Finance Department.
- Financial reports are monitored and used as management tools for evaluating Project progress.
- The Project Office is organized and well maintained.
- Well-developed representation and negotiation skills.
- Strong influencing and cooperation building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of supervision, exercise judgment, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including coaching. Should be a manager with ability to facilitate, empower and enable self direction of teams.
- Project budget and management skills.
- Well-developed writing and oral communications skills in both English and Vietnamese.
- High-level computer skills.
- Understanding about GoV’s disaster system, particularly Community-based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) Program is an asset
- Master Degree
- Master of Environmental Sciences, Agricultural, Climate change or related fields.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience including demonstrated capacity in program management.
- Experience in managing and supervising staff, with strong liaison and interpersonal and communication skills.