Project Officer - “Increasing the Resilience to Risks of Ethnic Minorities in Dien Bien” (Dien Bien IREM Project)
Please apply via this link: Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 14 provinces and cities. WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
The Dien Bien IREM Project will be operated at Muong Cha, Tuan Giao, Muong Ang Districts, Dien Bien Province and Dien Bien Phu City (With provincial activities) from October 2023 to November 2024. The project plans to achieve Goal & main outcomes as below:
The project goal: to increase Dien Bien Ethnic Minorities Resilience to Disasters through enhancing rollout of community-based disaster risk management (CBDRM) and Safe School Framework with the focus on inclusion of Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion (GEDSI). This will be achieved by seeking change on the following outcomes:
Outcome 1: Enhanced implementation of CBDRM in target communes of three districts of Muong Cha, Tuan Giao and Muong Ang and Dien Bien Province.
Outcome 2: Enhanced implementation Safe School Framework in target communes of three districts of Muong Cha, Tuan Giao and Muong Ang - Under the light of Comprehensive School Safety Framework 2022-2030, which was just launched by the Global Alliance for Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience in Education Sector (GADRRRES).
WVV will implement the project activities related to the 02 outcomes. WVV will recruit one Project Manager, one Project Coordinator, two Project Officers and one Financial Officer to implement the designated project component.
Mobilize resources, and help local partners strengthen their capacity in planning, implementing, and monitoring project activities to achieve project annual outcome/outputs in integration with technical projects of the APs.
1. Relationship and Networking (15%):
- Effectively establish work relations with local partners including: District and Commune Program Management Boards (D/CPMBs), Committee for Disaster Prevention & Control (CNDPC), Village Development Boards, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD), Commune People’s Committee and other related agencies in the project area.
- Discuss with the above partners to build plans for cooperation and implement approved project activities effectively. Ensure good integration project activities with technical projects of APs to successfully achieve the project outcomes as specified in the approved proposal.
- Support Project Manager to build cooperative relation and maintain effective network with relevant development partners at different levels.
- Well cooperate with zonal technical staffs, district and commune’s officials of DARD and other related agencies to ensure technical support for project implementation.
2. Project Activities Implementation (50%)
- Ensure all project activities to be implemented effectively according to the approved proposal/Log frame, which are relevant and in alignment with WVV’s Technical Approach.
- Cooperate and coordinate with AP staffs, project partners and consultants to develop plan of action and prepare budget, ensure the quality implementation of the project following the approved proposal & logframe
- Community ownership is enhanced by implementing activities with community engagement to ensure project sustainability.
- Negotiate and implement procedure of procurement as WVV’s regulations, arrange handover timely and to the right beneficiaries.
- Facilitate or implement other tasks relating to project implementation as assigned by Project Manager.
3. Project Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (15%)
- Facilitate regular reflection meetings (at least once a month) with partners and community and take timely corrective actions to address the gap of project implementation. The outcomes of reflection reports are submitted to Project Manager.
- Assist project coordinator and local partners to collect and analyse monitoring data using the log frame and WVV’s standardized monitoring tools.
- Support Project Manager to prepare project/ program reports including monthly, quarterly, semi-annual report and annual report according to the Grant donor’s and WV’s requirements.
4. Capacity Building (15%)
- Facilitate or implement capacity building on project implementation activities at the district and commune level with support of Project Coordinator, provincial DARD and other relevant agencies.
- Organize technical trainings, related events according to project design.
5. Documentation (5%)
- Documentation of good practices, lesson learnt and Transformational stories and other documentations upon request
- Implement other admin tasks as being assigned by Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in multi-disciplinary of economic - social or community development/environment/ agriculture or related fields.
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-empowerment development concepts, approaches and processes.
- Community mobilisation skills, including networking/coordination among different local partners.
- Demonstrated training and group facilitation skills.
- Case management skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Fair English, especially report writing and reading skills.
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Power point and email.
- At least 3 years work experience in community development.
- Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach would be an advantage.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Experience in grant project management.
- Experience of working with ethnic minorities.
- Experience in INGO-funded project planning and implementation.