WVV Zonal Technical Program Officer - Child Protection
Kindly send your CV and your Cover letter with the subject: [N3-TPO-CP] – Your Name
to the email: WVV_Recruitment@wvi.org
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has been funded 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
• Provide technical support for the adaptation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of TP in the assigned zone and be accountable for the technical quality and cross cutting themes mainstreamed in the TP
• Provide technical expertise and support to improve capacity of the AP staff and partners in the assigned zone in order to effectively deliver the TP
• Advocate for the scaling-up of evidence based project models and multiply impact across different Aps and provincial level.
• Contribute to ensure WV is a child safe organization through the implementation of the TP
I. Strategic Direction
• Provide inputs the field for development/ review, revision of respective Technical Approach, Technical Program, Area Program (AP) Plans, Child protection Policy and Project Models
• Provide input to TP Manager and Specialists on developing and standardizing Technical Guidelines/Training Materials for the implementation of Project models
II. Technical Support and Quality Assurance
• Develop and implement technical working plan for designated zone
• Assist the APs (including AP manager and DFs) to develop annual POA which relevant to AP plan and in alignment with NO technical strategy
• Review AP Plans, annual POAs and project models of the designated APs to ensure its alignment with National Strategy, TA, and TP
III. Capacity Building
• Introduce the technical models to AP staff
• Provide technical guidance to district/commune partners on project models
• In consultation with Technical Program Manager and Technical Specialist, AP Manager to facilitate capacity building activities including TOT training for AP technical resource persons for contextualization and follow-up
IV. Advocacy and Networking
• Build and nurture effective working relationship with technical departments at provincial level
• Document and disseminate evidences on the impact/ effectiveness of the relevant project models with the provincial level decision/policy makers for advocacy activities
• Work with APs and Zonal Manager to plan and allocate budget for advocacy activities at provincial level
- Knowledge of the Child Right Convention (CRC), Vietnam Children Law and child protection issues and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management skills.
- Proven ability to provide coaching and deliver capacity building activities.
- Ability to provide supportive supervision to program (front-liners) staff to ensure the quality of the child protection models (e.g. Celebrating Families, Positive Discipline).
- Experience in working with non-governmental organization.
- Proven experience in managing community projects
- Experience in advocacy;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating projects