WVV - Zonal Program Effectiveness Officer (01 Position)
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Email subject: Location - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 14 provinces including Hanoi, Dien Bien, Hai Phong, Hung Yen, Quang Tri, Thanh Hoa, Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Da Nang, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Ho Chi Minh, Dak Nong. WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
- To support World Vision Vietnam (WVV) in implementing effective assessment, design, monitoring and evaluation events and strengthen WVV’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system for programs, projects in the designated zone. The position involves significant reflection and learning as a process of quality improvement of M&E systems across programs in the assigned zone and in the approaches used to measure WVV’s effectiveness.
- To assist the Zonal Programs Manager (ZM) and Program Effectiveness Manager (PEM) in building the capacity of relevant staff in effective M&E skills, Development Program Approach (DPA), Most Vulnerable Children (MVC) mapping and inclusion.
- To assist APs and projects in the designated zone and all other APs whenever requested to meet minimum standards of DME for community development, and to promote higher quality sustainable programming.
- To strengthen World Vision DPA application in APs through implementing the Community Engagement and Sponsorship Plan (CESP) in APs for promoting community ownership toward sustainability.
- To provide technical support to APs, monitor and track to ensure quality of household and families resilience at zonal level
- To provide technical support to APs/projects at assigned zone to ensure Gender Equality & Social Inclusion approach and implementation
- To provide technical support, advice and influence on the development and implementation of capacity building need assessment, then activities, structures, initiatives and materials which aim to build the capacity of local partners, district and commune program management boards, community volunteers, HF networks and members of CBOs and VDBs in effective DME skills; Community Engagement, Development Project Management.
1. Technical Support and Capacity Building in DME (40%)
- Provide monitoring support to APs, grants in designated zone to make sure that AP staff and partners/community providing close monitoring toward the sustained CWB
- Review and provide feedback to POA, semi and annual management reports of AP to ensure the alignment with given requirement
- Conduct spot check and data quality audit in the AP of assigned zone to ensure the consistency, reliability and accuracy of data
- Monitor community participation in planning, monitoring and evaluation through supporting APs in Annual Community Review and Planning, AP reflections;
- Control quality of National indicators from APs in designated zone through reviewing and consolidating KPI report and Horizon; coaching APs, projects to ensure that monitoring and outcome/impact indicators are measured and updated on time;
- Join baseline and evaluation/research events in assigned APs as active team member with assistance provided in formulating methodology, collecting and analysing data; recommendations given to the final evaluation and assessment reports;
- WVV DME best practices are included by providing technical support and training workshop to AP Managers, AP Coordinators, Development Facilitators and local partners.
- Coordinate with assigned PEU specialists, and Technical program managers/specialists in collecting and developing simple materials, tools to support the effective M&E of the TPs, grants.
- Support Zonal Managers and TPOs in reviewing field-based evidences for advocacy activities at provincial level.
- Contribute to establish, pilot and roll-out digitalization platform to enable simplification and efficiency of our programmes/projects
2. Community Engagement/DPA (40%)
- Introduce WV Development Programming Approach (DPA) and CESP AP staff and partners
- Provide technical assistance or involvement to the adapting CESP in assigned APs to make sure that the community ownership is promoted; MVC is mapped, supported and tracked; Gender, environment, disability issues were integrated in AP planning and implementing.
- Provide support to APs in identifying the capacity building needs of the local program management systems including district, commune PMBs, HFs and members of CBOs;
- Provide technical advice to develop suitable training curriculum/methodology and suitable approaches;
- Provide technical assistance to deliver capacity building activities and collect information for the quality improvement of capacity building activities for local management system;
- Identify training needs of relevant AP staff and workshops and learning network are organized to ensure that AP staff got adequate technical trainings as per their training needs, in cooperation with other zonal TP officers.
- Annual visits to APs are made to study and review the effectiveness of local program management system, especially VDBs/ CBOs
3. Household & Family Resilience and Disaster Risk Reduction (10%)
- Assist ZM and PEM in developing, monitoring, tracking and reporting on household and family resilience implementation at APs, in order to ensure quality of the activity.
- Provide technical support to APs for developing plans, tracking tools and implementation progress of household and family resilience
- Regularly organize reflection meetings with APs and relevant stakeholders to ensure quality intervention plan.
- Take Disaster Risk Reduction – Response to Climate Change (DRR-RCC) into account when designing, M&E of AP/Project’s activities to ensure that climate change and disaster risks can be addressed and reduced. He/she is also expected to coordinate with functional departments, join emergency response in the targeted Area Program when needed to ensure humanitarian standards and accountability.
- Contribute to grant/PNS acquisition by providing data, information related to DRR-RCC
4. Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and Others (10%)
- Assist ZM to lead, monitor and report GESI mainstreaming works in assigned zone, especially related to positioning with internal staff and external partners for improved programmatic impact.
- Coordinate with Technical Programme Officers to support Zonal Programs Manager, AP Managers to contextualize and roll out GESI activity to meet minimum requirements for GESI responsive programming within assigned zone, in line with WVI GESI Policy.
- Knowledge management: conduct reflection meeting, engage key stakeholders of assigned zone with GESI principles, practices and identify opportunities for shared learning.
- Contribute to grant/PNS acquisition by providing data, information related to GESI; track, monitor to ensure GESI’s compliance of grant/PNS projects.
- Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVV staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVV
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager to contribute to the team performance.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor degree in relevant disciplines like Community Development, Statistical Related Fields, …
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively network with a diverse range of multi-lateral, and government bodies;
- Understanding of resilience building and climate action approaches
- Have knowledge of current approaches to gender equality, disability inclusion and broader inclusion programming in both complex humanitarian disaster and transformational development environments
- Ability to communicate and relate effectively with a diverse range of people (i.e. project beneficiaries, Government officials, project partners, WVV staff).
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, exercise judgment, meets deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability on research, monitoring and coaching
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and motivate staff and partners.
- Good reading and report writing skills in English.
- Good computer skills (word processing, excel, power point & email).
- Willing to learn to advance career in DME and Capacity Building fields;
- Willingness to support articulate and demonstrate World Vision’s core values in meaningful ways to colleagues, partners, children and communities.
Required Professional Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in working in the area of community development and/or with non-governmental organization.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating projects and ensuring that recommendations are implemented.