WVV Administrative Assistant in DakRong Area Program, Quang Tri
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Email subject: Location - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision (WV) helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that Area Program (AP) team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
This position aims to assist Area Program Manager and team members in implementing the administrative tasks of the AP including procurement, payment, sponsorship services, office logistics for events/visits, etc. He/she is expected to contribute to the effective operations of the AP, in alignment with WVV’s strategy and policies.
1. Programs Operations
• Arrange logistics (transportation, accommodation, venue, stationaries, printing, etc.) for AP activities, events and visits under the supervision and support of AP Coordinator.
• Prepare and track logistic purchase requests on Provision and get support the Zonal procurement officer to complete the procurement process in alignment with WV’s procedures and policies.
• Support DFs/SFs/Coordinators to aggregate information and fulfil orders (creation PO/registration and payment process) for centralized procurement on a quarterly.
• Support DFs to complete required documents for procurements when needed.
• Enter the lists of MVC who are beneficiaries of program activities in the MVC support monitoring file/system.
• Scan the required documents for payment requests to be uploaded on the system and storage purpose.
• File necessary procurement and payment documents in order
• Procure and pay office equipment and utilities.
2. Sponsorship service operations
• Arrange logistics (transportation, accommodation, venue, stationaries, printing, etc.) for sponsorship events and visits under the supervision and support of Sponsorship Facilitator (SF).
• Support local partners to buy Gifts (belonged to GN) for RC based on approved TOR, follow up and collect photos as well as relevant documents as required.
• Contact local partners to follow up progress of correspondences, Child Expression Worksheet to ensure they are in alignment with sponsorship standards.
• Support SF to track the progress and check the quality of pictures and videos of RC.
• Assist SF to track RC and their parents’ participation in programming.
• Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVV staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVV.
• Other tasks assigned by the manager to the team performance.
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
1. Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• College degree in any field
• Motorbike driving licence
2. Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Carefulness, proactiveness, hardworking and detail oriented
• Proficient use in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email
• Willingness to learn and grow
• Willingness to support articulate and demonstrate World Vision’s core in meaningful ways to children and communities.
• Basic understanding of and experience in development/humanitarian works would be an advantage
1. Required Professional Experience
• At least 1 years’ experience in administrative assistant