WVV Bookkeeper in Lac Son Area Program, Hoa Binh
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Email subject: [Bookkeeper - Lac Son] - Your Name
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
The position supports WV Vietnam to maintain high standards of financial stewardship and assist the AP Manager in maintaining the books of accounts and other financial records of AP & adhering to the financial standards of World Vision financial system to ensure accountability.
1. FINANCIAL POLICY COMPLIANCE
- Provide administrative financial services to the project to ensure high level of compliance, quality, accuracy and consistency of work in project implementation.
- Ensure consistent service delivery by collaborating and working closely with all of the team members of the AP or Project.
- Conduct all the day to day operational procedures in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, closure, audit, etc. in timely manner and in line with WV Policy and Procedure as well as Field Financial Manual (FFM).
- Provide the AP or Project staff the necessary account analysis codes and assistance to correctly filled in and prepare cash advance, EER, payment request.
- Ensure adequacy and correctness of the supporting documents for payments and/or voucher preparation (using Voucher Interface) to ensure consistency with WV’s Policy and donor requirements.
- Monitor the financial transactions regularly to maintain project financial account in place and in order.
- Deliver the quality and accuracy of the goods and services to the beneficiaries is verified by conducting random visit to the project sites.
- Upgrade knowledge and skills of the staff and partner on relevant WV accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to other projects and APs when necessary and required by participation in cross-review; assisting cross-audit and assisting in training the new project finance staff (Bookkeeper or FO).
- Ensure the suppliers of the quotes/bids submitted for major purchases are randomly selected to verify the existence, nature of business (whether it’s related to the goods or services being asked to quote or bid), relationship of the supplier with the staff of the project and reasonability of amount quoted.
- Ensure the quality of the goods and services delivered to the beneficiaries is verified by conducting random visit to the project sites.
- Communicate WV accounting policies and procedures to all staff and relevant partners.
2. BUDGET MANAGEMENT & FINANCIAL REPORTS
- Assist the AP or Project Manager in planning and developing project budget in line with the AP’s Plan of Action and log frame.
- Assist the Project Manager in planning and developing project budget in line with the Plan of Action and log frame.
- The financial reports cover memo prepared with variance explanations, Advances & Payables Aging Analysis (IA 264 & IA 269), the asset register updated, the bank reconciliation performed and sent on time to the Cluster Finance Officer for posting.
- The Sunsystem generated financial reports are reviewed with assistance of Cluster FO and NO FO for any non-project related expenses, discrepancies and irregularities from the project finance manual.
- The Manager is provided with the necessary management financial report as and when required and adhering to the standards/templates required by donor.
3. DATA ANALYSIS AND ADDITIONAL FUNDING ACQUISITION
- Perform financial data analysis and provide financial forecast to assist AP/Project Manager in making data-driven decisions and financial risk management.
- Support in acquiring additional funding for AP through developing quality proposal budget for new project.
4. SYSTEM, FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION AND OTHERS
- Establish and maintain a systematic filing system of key documents (in hard copy and soft copy) and in line with audit requirements.
- Maintain all financial and other records required for audit purposes, and provide assistance in regular auditing of the AP or Project
- Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVV staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVV
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes.
- Coordination skills, including organisation and mobilisation of communities and networking/coordination among different local partners.
- Demonstrated training and facilitation skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Fair English, especially report writing skills.
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Willingness to support articulate and demonstrate World Vision’s core values in meaningful ways to colleagues, partners, donors, children and communities.
- 1-3 years’ experience in finance position
- Experience in accounting and finance.
- Experience in community development or with NGO.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners