WVV Development Facilitator in Dak Rlap Area Program, Dak Nong province
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: [Development Facilitator - Dak Rlap] - Your Name
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has been funded 12 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang-Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Thanh Hoa, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
1. To serve as a catalyst, partnership broker, and builder of the capacity of local partners, facilitating the development process toward the improved and sustained well-being of children within their families and community, especially the most vulnerable children.
2. To manage the technical projects in assigned communes and advocate for sustainable wellbeing of children especially the most vulnerable children.
1. Community Engagement and Sponsorship
• Facilitate partnering/ networking with and connections among different local stakeholders (formal and informal community groups, businesses, NGOs and local government agencies, etc.) to mobilize resources for the well-being of children.
• Raise awareness of local partners and community in assigned commune on WV’s Christian identity and values, child focused and community based development approach
• Facilitate capacity building for communities and local partners in AP planning and annual community review and planning
• Facilitate AP planning activities at the assigned communes
• Facilitate annual community review and planning at the assigned communes
• Support communities and partners to develop and implement the community-based disaster preparedness plans
• Facilitate capacity building for communities and local partners in the assigned communes in shared monitoring
• Facilitate shared monitoring activities and reports
• Facilitate refection meetings with participation of communities
• Facilitate annual program effectiveness/ PAF self-review and community based groups self-review
Child participation and protection
• Strengthen child clubs and children led community initiatives
• Promote the use of child friendly tools such as photo voice, body map, river of life to increase child participation and voice in the community
• Strengthen child protection committees in the assigned communes
• Facilitate capacity building for communities and local partners in MVC mapping
• Facilitate the process of MVC mapping and updates
• Utilize MVC mapping results for program planning and support – to make sure MVC are included and best benefiting technical project interventions/ models
• Document best practices, lession learnt and MSC (Most Significant Change) stories of MVC and their families
• Strengthen community based groups the assigned communes and build capacity for them in micro projects planning
• Identify and engage communities and partners in micro projects
• Facilitate the community based groups in development and implementation of micro projects
• Facilitate community based groups in monitoring and reporting of micro projects
• Include RC in project activities and monitor participation and benefits of RC and their families
• Coordinate the child registration and well-being monitoring of children, including RC in assigned communes as per sponsorship standards through the SR volunteer network
2. Program Management in assigned communes
Implementation of Technical Models and Advocacy
• Work closely with TPOs to introduce and build capacity for local partners on technical project models, guidelines, tools.
• Facilitate the implementation of technical models in alignment with the standard guidelines (cost norms.) and tools.
• Work closely with TPO and technical local partners to facilitate the supportive supervision process in assigned communes to ensure technical quality of the project models.
• Mainstream CCT (CPPa, gender, environment, disability) in all project activities whenever appropriate.
• Document best practices and advocate for the replication of technical project models to larger scale
• Monitor and report (ITT and narrative) on the progress of Technical Projects (monthly, semi-annually, annually)
• Facilitate communities and partners to participate in the baseline survey and evaluation in assigned communes
• Manage resources with integrity and stewardship, in compliance with WVV’s financial policies and procedures.
• Coordinate procurement and strategic sourcing in assigned communes
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
• Bachelor degree, preferably in education, public health, community development, social work
• Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes
• Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of development work; including child protection, nutrition /health, livelihoods, resilience, advocacy, cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender, environment, disability, child participation)
• Demonstrated capacity in project management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions (e.g. Facilitate monitoring processes with partners and community, analyze and interpret monitoring data)
• Skills in facilitation of development processes, including organisation, mobilisation and influence of partners (especially at commune level) and partnering among different development partners
• Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications skills in Vietnamese
• Ability to think critically and reflect
• Ability to lead own learning and development
• Fair English skill
• Solid computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
• At least 2 years of work experience in community development
• Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach
• Experience in working with local stakeholders/partners
• Experience of working with children and ethnic minorities