WVV Executive Assistant
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Email subject: Hanoi - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has been funded 12 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is operating in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Providing a comprehensive, confidential and professional support service to the National Director in all aspects concerned with the efficient and successful operation of the office of the National Director.
1. Accountability & Quality Assurance
• Manage and monitor National Director’s (ND) diary, phones, emails and correspondence, including responding on ND’s behalf as appropriate
• Respond and advise efficiently to all electronic or verbal enquiries for the ND in appropriate manner.
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, mailing and e-signing with office seal
• Ensure a confidential and efficient filing system for the ND and his office, especially for all critical documents and minutes.
• Decides when conference or meetings with department heads is necessary or which staff employee to see regarding office, clerical, technical or related problems.
• Ensure appropriate systems and processes are developed and maintained to support effective and efficient day to day running of the ND’s office.
• Setup ND's travel arrangements, logistics, souvenirs, detail agenda and relevant supporting documents.
• Maintain ND's calendar, including leaves approval process.
• Assist ND in managing social activities / responsibilities related to work: funeral, wedding, birthdays, etc. of staff, partners, government officials, etc. and their families.
• Prepare and maintain ND's financial advance and expense reports, including billings and credit card settlement if any.
• Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences of Senior Leadership Team, and related ND’s meetings.
• Create, transcribe, and distribute meeting agendas and minutes.
• Sign for all official incoming letters and packages addressed to ND and take follow-up actions timely.
• Organize research, price, and purchase furniture and supplies for National Director’s office
• Review all inquiries, documents for ND’s signing to meet the acceptable standard and requirements
• Support to ND in relation to its role as Board Chair of Micro Finance Unit / Vision Fund in Vietnam
• Coordinate ad-hoc, project-based work as assigned
2. Networking & Coordination
• Become liaison of communication amongst SLT, Departments, Units, Zonal, Area Programs and I/NGOs
• Assist ND in communicating with the Micro Finance Program Board.
• Plan and implement hospitality arrangements for the ND, including provision of hospitality for ND’s visitors
• Coordinate the smooth flow of information for the ND during the strategy development and planning process including action monitoring to achieve deadlines and milestones
• Coordinate national / town-hall meeting in relation with other SLT
• Coordinate the ND’s speech materials for internal and external event, with relevant SLT/ depts.
3. Management & Leadership
• Provide technical assistance to ND to monitor the implementation of follow up and decisions agreed at SLT meeting
• Consolidate quarterly reports various departments and submit timely
• Build and maintain positive spirit of working in team with other staff in respective units and departments
• Facilitate and supportive in the practice of spiritual discernment and prayer.
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
• Bachelor degree in administration, business, management or diploma in secretary
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Thorough knowledge and skill of Microsoft Office and MSTeams
• Ability to deal with strict confidential information.
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written (min. International English Language Testing Centre (IELTS) score 7, or equivalent)
• Demonstrate shorthand and excellent typing skills, speed and accuracy
• Preparing, reviewing and improving ND’s presentation materials
• Minimum 3 years professional experience in secretary or administration
• Experience working with a humanitarian agency in Asian context