WVV Junior Sponsorship Assistant (Temporary) in Van Chan Area Program, Yen Bai
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Email subject: [Junior Sponsorship Assistant - Van Chan] - Your Name
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has been funded 12 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is operating in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
1. To support WVV in building and enhancing Sponsorship Service Operations focusing in children’s well-being and the transformation of registered children, their families and communities and sponsors through collaborating with local sponsorship volunteers network in planning and implementing activities of the Sponsorship Management Project in the designated AP working area. AP manager in ensuring the focus on children’s well-being and the transformation of registered children, their families and communities and sponsors through collaborating with Development Facilitators and local sponsorship volunteers network, partners in planning and implementing sponsorship activities in the designated AP working area.
2. To assist the AP Manager and Sponsorship Facilitator in facilitating and maintaining efficient and effective Sponsorship Service Operation, Sponsorship programing and Child Monitoring according to the Sponsorship standard.
1. SPONSORSHIP SERVICE OPERATIONS
- Assist Sponsorship Facilitator (SF) in maintaining good relations between sponsors and Registered Children through routine mailing communication between sponsor and RC.
- Correspondences are checked for consistency and completeness as required by the Sponsorship Standards.
- Assist SF to process Gift Notification (GN), if applicable, are handle and the “Thank you” letters are translated English in a timely manner.
- Support SF to process/Support Office/Sponsor’s requests in a timely manner in accordance with SSO policies.
- Support with correspondence translation in required.
2. SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMMING AND CHILD MONITORING
- Assist SF in selecting RCs as new growth, replacement or reactivation in timely manner as per the AP’s child selection criteria which is formulated with regards to the Sponsorship Standard, national, local context.
- Ensure the quality of Child Histories and Child Digital Images before entering the Sponsorship system.
- RC’s data is updated in a timely manner and accordance to the Child Sponsorship Standard.
- The child Monitoring process is maintained in accordance to the CMS.
- At least one home visit to each registered child per year is ensured by AP staff or Sponsorship Volunteers network or hamlet facilitator network other AP staff.
- Health, education and child protection of children in target areas of the AP are monitored and appropriate follow-up actions are taken as part of the programme’s intervention.
- Benefit, participation of RC, their families and communities are tracked and updated.
3. DATA ENTRY PROCESS
- Enter Child History (CH) off new growth, replacement or reactivation system in the timely manner to ensure the completeness, accuracy and consistency
- child correspondence system as daily basis.
- the child wellbeing monitoring information (presence, education, helath, participation..) system as per standard.
4. COMMUNITY AWARENESS & TRAINING
- Support SF in orientation, awareness raising and trainings for sponsorship volunteers, hamlet facilitators and other related local partners, RCs, RC’s parents, and community local people.
- In collaboration with other AP team members, sponsorship network and National Communicator(s), stories about RC and their families documenting significant changes in their life, achievements, best practices and learning experiences are compiled for WV publications and shared within the Partnership
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Strong understand of community-led development work;
- Demonstrated training and facilitation skills, including catalysing, connecting and building the capacity of community groups
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fair English, especially email/letters writing skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and email.
- Experience in community development or with NGO.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.