WVV Project Assistant – “Men Care for Kids” project (2 positions)
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Email subject: [Project Assistant - “Men Care for Kids” - Location] - Your Name
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision (WV) serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has funding 12 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 420 staff, of which more than 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVV include: (i) children protection all forms of abuse, exploitation, violence and injury; (ii) reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; (iii) sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, WVV is implementing 36 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 14 provinces Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing PNS/Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Men Care for Kids is a PNS funded by World Vision Japan. The project goal is “Strengthening the role of husbands in integrated interventions to improve children's nutritional status.
To achieve the goal, the project is designed with the following outcomes and outputs:
Outcome 1: Increased food availability for target household by male involvement.
Output 1.1: Improved husband's knowledge and practice on “Nutrition Garden”.
Output 1.2: Promoted and improved husband’s access to micro savings and non-farm jobs.
Outcome 2: Improved practice of child caregivers, especially the husband on maternal, infant and young child nutrition (MIYCN).
Output 2.1: Increased awareness of community about role of husband on maternal, infant and young child nutrition.
Output 2.2: Increased awareness and responsibilities of child caregivers (mothers and fathers) on maternal, infant and young child nutrition.
The project activities will be implemented under the management of Mai Chau and Da Bac AP Manager with technical support Technical Program Officer on Nutrition of North 1. AP manager in Mai Chau will be the project manager who are responsible as contact persons for the project.
To provide assistance to the Project Manager in implementation the project activities in accordance with the work plan and budget plan approved by the donor in integrating with existing interventions related to nutrition at Mai Chau and Da Bac AP.
- Assist Project Manager to work with technical consultation the Zonal Technical Program Officer on Nutrition to develop detailed annual POA and ensure the active engagement of local partners in delivering outputs and activities.
2. IMPLEMENTATION, MONITORING AND REPORTING
“Men Care for Kids” project focused on increasing the role of men in nutrition care for children through building capacity for men both in training courses and provide inputs for economic development and job opportunities.
- Assist Project Manager in implementing the project activities at the Project area.
- Assist Project Manager to prepare TORs, work with relevant department to hire qualified consultants, follow-up with consultancy works in integrated with DF at AP to ensure the sustainability when project ends.
- Assist Project Manager to participate in selected meetings with Project Management Boards (PMB) at district and commune level for reflection and planning.
- Assist Project Manager to monitor project activities at the field level to ensure the project goal and outcomes are achieved.
- Assist Project Manager to prepare Monthly, quarterly and annual project as per deadlines.
- Assist Project Manager to file the related documents including agreements with Donor, partners properly for audit purpose.
- Assist Project Manager to follow strictly WVV and Donor finance procedures and guidelines. Ensure appropriate expenditures/utilization, transparency and integrity of all expenses.
- Assist Project Manager to conduct project surveys, assessment, final evaluation, and output monitoring.
3. RELATIONSHIP AND COLLABORATION
- Assist Project Manager to build and nurture effective partnership with relevant agencies (Provincial/District officers, commune officials, members of VDBs, DPMB/CPMB, and volunteers).
- Assist Project Manager to collaborate with technical programme officer/manager and other AP staffs to ensure good integration of the project with nutrition project’s intervention of AP.
4. CAPACITY BUILDING AND DOCUMENTATION
- Assistance is provided to capacity building for local and government counterparts who will carry out project activities at grassroots levels through coaching after training.
- Assist Project Manager to document project good practices, lessons learnt and Most Significant Change stories etc.
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent certificate of health or public health, community development or related fields.
- Community mobilisation skills, including networking/coordination among different local partners;
- Demonstrated training and group facilitation skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email;
- Good knowledge in media engagement and public engagement
- Good English, especially report writing and reading skills;
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-empowerment development concepts, approaches and processes.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in INGO-funded project planning and implementation