WVV Project Assistant - Digitalization for Resilience Project in Nhu Xuan, Thanh Hoa
Please apply via this link: Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 14 provinces and cities. WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
- Increase disaster risk reduction capacity, sustainable production of food and non-food items and successfully sell their produce on the local market or through e-commerce for the target households that contribute to child wellbeing
-To carry out project activities in accordance with the work plan and budget plan approved by the donor with a view to the ownership of local partners when the project ends.
- The project staff will be under supervision, monitoring and support of Nhu Xuan Area Program Manager, to implement activities at communities, enhance relations in community, mobilize resources, and help local partners promote their capacity. Together with partners to establish groups in communities, conduct trainings/communications to improve capacity for group members and communities then support target entities toward sustainable child well-being target households and communities partners when the project ends.
1. DESIGNING AND PLANNING
- Appropriate interventions for target population in the impact area are designed
- Inputs for intervention strategy are made through developing research, designing data collection tools, carrying out baseline survey/research in the field, analysing data, and presenting finding to relevant audiences;
- Planning sessions are carried out with government counterparts and community ensuring the sustainability of the project.
2. PROJECT ACTIVITIES IMPLEMENTATION, MONITORING, REPORTING AND FINAL EVALUATION
- Project activities are planned, implemented, monitored with project partners as per plan to ensure the project’s progress and note the effect of the project activities in the community;
- Baseline survey is implemented with project partners as soon as the project document is approved by the people’s committee of Thanh Hoa province in the first year of the project and the final evaluation is implemented by an external consultant in the third year of the project time life;
- Community project ownership is facilitated by conducting community participation activities to ensure that the resources of the project will create direct benefit to community members, specially towards to the poor;
- Project’s progress is kept track and information is updated in liaison and collaboration with project partners. Monthly, quarterly and annual project reports on the progress of the project are prepared and information is shared with the AP manager, Central– Livelihood technical program officer and District PMBs.
- Project activities are integrated with Nhu Xuan Area Program
- Follow strictly WVV and Donor finance procedures and guidelines. Ensure appropriate expenditures/utilization, transparency and integrity of all expenses.
3. RELATIONSHIP AND COLLABORATION
- Project partners are able to maximize their resources for project achievements; solutions for improving project quality is discussed transparently, timely toward mutual agreement through effective partnerships with relevant agencies of Nhu Xuan district including: Project Management Board (PMB) at district and commune levels; Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DOARD), Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control (CNDPC); Telecommunications Services Provider (TSP); Department of Natural Resource Environment (DONRE), Red Cross, Women’s Union; Television and Radio Stations and FAVRI….
- Integration between project activities and AP interventions are well performed by good collaboration with other AP staffs for supportiveness and openness
- Technical inputs from relevant technical program officer/specialist/manager were provided timely and sufficiently through a continued and constructive cooperation with WVV technical programs and relevant departments.
- Join and share in appropriate learning events (internal or external WVV)
- Most Significant Change Stories, Lessons Learnt of every step are well written to share with related stakeholders and within WVV.
- Project documentation film will be produced for scaling up purpose.
5. OTHER TASKS ASSIGNED BY THE MANAGER TO THE TEAM PERFORMANCE
- Work in a team environment
- Participate in new project concept note development.
- Bachelor's degree in social science, agriculture, economic or related fields
Knowledge & Skills (preferred)
- Motorbike driving license
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work in general and to Christian, child-focused, community empowered development concepts, approaches and processes in particular.
- Partnering- cooperation skills with different partners.
- Demonstrated training and group facilitation skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Power point and email;
- Documentation skills: story collection, meeting minute taking, photography.
- At least 2 years of relevant experiences in working with community development project, specially, experience in the project value change, market access, disaster risk management or/and for a similar INGO-funded development project.
- Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach would be an advantage.
- Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
- Experience of working with children and ethnic minorities.