WVV Project Officer (Temporary) - Asia Value Formation Project
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Email subject: North 2 - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded 12 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam Quang Ngai, Ho Chi Minh and DakNong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
The project “Asia Value Formation Project” is aimed to equip children 12-18 years old in North 2 to have positive and peaceful relationships with families and communities.
1 October 2021 to September 2026 (5 years), the project plans to achieve 3 main outcomes:
(i) Children have improved capacity to live out values.
(ii) Enhanced mind-set and practice of caregivers in nurturing children spiritually and building family cohesion
(iii) Community leaders actively engaged and support holistic nurture of children
Besides, DME will be along to ensure the quality of the project implementation and impact to be recorded vividly.
Mobilize resources, and help 6 APs in the zone to strengthen their capacity in planning, implementing, and monitoring project activities to achieve project annual outcome/outputs in integration with Child protection project of the APs and district/commune social economic development plans.
1. Relationship and Networking
• Effectively establish work relations with 6 AP teams to implement project activities effectively and facilitate the team to engage local partners in scaling-up.
• Discuss with the above partners to build plans for cooperation and implement approved project activities effectively. Work closely with the CP officer for APs to have good integration of the Asia Value Formation project with Child Protection interventions of the project to successfully achieve the project outcomes as specified in the approved proposal.
• Well cooperate with zonal technical staffs of CP, F&D and relevant local agencies to ensure sufficient technical support for project implementation.
2. Project Activities Implementation
• Ensure all project activities to be implemented effectively according to the approved proposal/Log frame, which are relevant and in alignment with WVV’s CP program
• Cooperate and coordinate with AP managers, CP officers and relevant project partners and consultants to develop plan of action and prepare budget, ensure the quality implementation of the project following Learning through Evaluation with Accountability and Planning frame work (LEAP3).
• Closely coordinate for the community ownership to be enhanced by implementing activities with community engagement to ensure project sustainability; ensure the APs to target right people and vulnerable children are prioritized targets of the project.
• Provide training of facilitators on Dare to Discover (D2D) curriculum, including core children and community leaders and World Vision staff.
• Provide regular coaching for CF and D2D facilitators in implementation.
• Negotiate and implement procedure of procurement, arrange handover timely and to the right beneficiaries.
• Closely work with relevant AP managers in the zone to ensure the quality of implementation of the project activities in the targeted APs for integration and sustainability.
3. Project Design, Monitoring and Evaluation
• Facilitate regular reflection meetings (at least once a month) with APs and take timely corrective actions to address the gap of project implementation. The outcomes of reflection reports are submitted to Zonal Manager for further support if needed.
• Coordinate with APs to collect and analyse monitoring data as regulated;
• Prepare project, semi-annual report and annual report according to the SO’s requirements.
4. Capacity Building
• Facilitate/ implement capacity building on project implementation activities of Asia Value Formation Project at the district and commune level with support of ZM, F&D officer.
• Organize technical trainings according to project design.
• Documentation of good practices, lesson learnt and Transformational stories and other documentations upon request
• Implement other assignment relating to the project as ZM or any other requirement WVV higher management board.
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
• Bachelor’s Degree in social fields, foreign languages.
• Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-empowerment development concepts, approaches and processes.
• Community mobilisation skills, including networking/coordination among different local partners.
• Demonstrated training and group facilitation skills.
• Case management skills.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Good interpersonal and communications skills.
• Good English, especially report writing and reading skills.
• Good computer skills in Word, Excel, Power point and email.
• At least 3 years work experience in community development/ social work.
• Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach would be an advantage.
• Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
• Experience in grant project management.
• Experience of working with ethnic minorities.
• Experience in INGO-funded project planning and implementation.