WVV Special Project Manager in Ham Thuan Bac, Binh Thuan
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to WVV_Recruitment@wvi.org
Email subject: [ECHO - Binh Thuan] - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has been funded 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is operating in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Area Program (AP) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Southeast Asia is one of the most at-risk sub-regions globally regarding natural and climate-related hazards. COVID-19 and its secondary effects compound these risks, incl. the economic impact caused by the need for stringent public health measures. Although women are one of the most affected population in disasters, their voices in decision-making results in issues important are not often being prioritised in Disaster preparedness policies. Moreover, considering specific gender, age, and disability needs, evidence indicating violence against children and Gender-based Violence (GBV) tends to increase amongst disaster-affected and marginalised groups in hard-to-achieve and conflict contexts.
Oct 2021, World Vision will commence a project name "Enhancing inclusive and gender-responsive forecast-based early action (FBEA) for effective disaster preparedness in Vietnam and at regional level" which aims at strengthening awareness, capacity and resilience of local communities and actors, and engaging them in policy dialogue through evidence-based advocacy. This is a project co-implemented by CARE International, Plan International and World Vision International in Vietnam (WVIV) for 18 months (1 July, 2021 until December 2022). The project is funded by European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations.
The position is responsible for implementing and managing the grant project “Enhancing inclusive and gender-responsive forecast-based early action (FBEA) for effective disaster preparedness in Vietnam and at regional level" in Ham Thuan Bac District, Binh Thuan Province, with the aims mentioned above.
Leadership and people management
• Provide overall leadership to the project team, including spiritual leadership
• Work with PnC department to recruit and provide orientation for new staff
• Supervise, coach, mentor, provide adequate feedback to project staff to ensure their high performance toward the shared goals
• Identify and address development needs of project staff to ensure that they are well equipped with core and job-specific competencies to carry out quality work
• Identify and address staffing issues in a timely and professional manner, in working with PnC department
• Promote ongoing reflection and learning culture among project staff
Project Implementation, Management and Reporting
• Responsible for implementation of all activities in the Project in partnership with partners including other NGOs Consortium partners (CARE and Plan International).
• Ensure project team follow strictly with project compliances.
• Provide clear orientation on the project for project stakeholders
• Prepare detailed quarterly Plans of Action & Budget with the participation local partners and community and with support supervisor.
• Lead the project team to achieve all the set targets in the M&E framework.
• Ensure the project implementation at least 95% at the end of the project.
• Work closely with consortium partners, especially in joint workshops or relevant activities.
• Work with consultants, consultant services to implement project's activities as framework.
• Produce a quality result that meet the standard required by donor (as described in Proposal).
• Interim and final reports (financial and narrative) are completed and submitted in a timely manner to supervisors and Support Office.
• Project budget is well managed in full compliance with WV’s and the donor’s policies
Project Monitoring & Evaluation
• Follow and the project M&E system and use data for programming and decision making
• Conduct Baseline survey and end of project evaluation
• Work with consortium partners and local partners to ensure effective regular monitoring and reflection of the project activities
• Liaise with and strengthen relationships with local partners at district and provincial levels, consortium partners, FAO, Red Cross of Germany and the private sector in project implementation
• Ensure the active participation and contribution of district and provincial related partners to project goal especially, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (DARD)/Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention & Control (CNDPC); Department of Natural Resources and Environment/Hydro-Met Services; Red Cross, Women’s Union, Department of Labour, Invalids & Social Affairs (DOLISA), Disable People’s Organizations (DPOs); and Vietnam Disaster Management Authority, IMHEN at national level.
• Bachelor degree in environmental science, rural development and agriculture or other related disciplines (community development, social work), Further specialization on climate change adaptation and /or disaster risk reduction are desired.
• Master degree in similar fields
• Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, Gender Responsive, Gender and protection Mainstreaming,
• Good knowledge on Disaster Risk Management including disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, forecast-based financing/Forecast-based early action, especially Community-based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) and disaster risk management structure and system in Vietnam Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of humanitarian and development work, child protection, and advocacy in development programming.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, including leading, building, and supporting a team with diverse roles and capacities.
• Skills in facilitation of development processes, including organisation and mobilisation of communities and networking among different development partners.
• Demonstrated capacity in program management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions.
• Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications skills in Vietnamese and English, especially report writing skills.
• Solid computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
• At least 5 years proven experience of managing development program/projects related to disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, integration of climate in rural development and related domains.
• Experience in forecast-based financing/Forecast-based early action projects/programs would be an advantage.
• Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach would be an advantage.
• Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
• Experience in managing and supervising staff