WVV Zonal Program Effectiveness Officer
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Email subject: North 2 - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has been funded 12 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals. Currently, World Vision Vietnam is operating in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
• To support World Vision Vietnam (WVV) in implementing effective assessment, design, monitoring and evaluation events and strengthen WVV’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system for programs, projects in the designated zone. The position involves significant reflection and learning as a process of quality improvement of M&E systems across programs in the assigned zone and in the approaches used to measure WVV’s effectiveness.
• To assist the Zonal Manager and Program Effectiveness Manager in building the capacity of relevant staff in effective M&E skills, DPA, MVC mapping and inclusion.
• To assist APs and projects in the designated zone and all other APs whenever requested to meet minimum standards of DME for community development, and to promote higher quality sustainable programming.
• To strengthen World Vision Development Programming Approach (DPA) application in APs through implementing the Community Engagement and Sponsorship Plan (CESP) in APs for promoting community ownership toward sustainability.
• To provide technical support, advice and influence on the development and implementation of capacity building need assessment, then activities, structures, initiatives and materials which aim to build the capacity of local partners, district and commune program management boards, community volunteers, HF networks and members of CBOs and VDBs in effective DME skills; Community Engagement, Development Project Management.
1. Technical Support and Capacity Building in DME
• Provide monitoring support to APs, grants in designated zone to make sure that AP staff and partners/community providing close monitoring toward the sustained CWB;
• Promote community participation in planning, monitoring and evaluation through supporting APs in Annual Community Review and Planning, AP reflections;
• Control quality of National indicators APs in designated zone through reviewing and consolidating KPI report and Horizon; coaching APs, projects to ensure that monitoring indicators are measured and updated on time;
• Join baseline and evaluation events in assigned APs as active team member with assistance provided in formulating methodology, collecting and analysing data; recommendations given to the final evaluation and assessment reports;
• WVV DME best practices are included by providing technical support and training workshop to AP Managers, AP Coordinators, Development Facilitators and local partners.
• Coordinate with assigned PEU specialists, and Technical program managers/specialists in collecting and developing simple materials, tools to support the effective M&E of the TPs, grants.
• Support Zonal Managers and TPOs in reviewing field based evidences for advocacy activities at provincial level
2. Community Engagement/DPA
• WV Development Programming Approach (DPA) and CESP are introduced to AP staff and partners
• Technical assistance or involvement is given to the adapting CESP in assigned APs to make sure that the community ownership is promoted; MVC is mapped, supported and tracked; Gender, environment, disability issues were integrated in AP planning and implementing.
• Assistance is provided to APs in identifying the capacity building needs of the local program management systems including district, commune PMBs, HFs and members of CBOs;
• Technical advice is provided to develop suitable training curriculum/methodology and suitable approaches;
• Technical assistance is provided to deliver capacity building activities and collect information for the quality improvement of capacity building activities for local management system;
• Training needs of relevant AP staff is identified and workshops and learning network are organized to ensure that AP staff got adequate technical trainings as per their training needs, in cooperation with other zonal TP officers.
• Annual visits to APs are made to study and review the effectiveness of local program management system, especially VDBs/ CBOs. (Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
• Bachelor degree in relevant disciplines like Community Development, Statistical Related Fields,….
• Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes.
• Ability to communicate and relate effectively with a diverse range of people (i.e. project beneficiaries, Government officials, project partners, WVV staff).
• Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and motivate staff and partners.
• Good reading and report writing skills in English.
• Good computer skills (word processing, excel, power point & email).
• Ability to work with a minimum of supervision, exercise judgment, meets deadlines and work under pressure.
• Willing to learn to advance career in DME and Capacity Building fields;
• Have Research ability and interest;
• Be willing to travel to the APs in the zone.
• Experience in working in the area of community development and/or with non-governmental organization.
• Experience of and demonstrated ability to effectively network with a diverse range of multi-lateral, and government bodies;
• Experience in monitoring and evaluating projects and ensuring that recommendations are implemented.