WVV Senior People and Culture Officer
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to WVV_recruitment@wvi.org
Email subject: Hanoi - Your Name - Position
World Vision (WV) is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 12 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, WVV is operating in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s Area Program usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that Area Program (AP) team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
• To undertake all People and Culture (P&C) functions including Recruitment, Employment/ Employee Relations, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Staff Care and Employee Engagement and P&C Information Management for an assigned zone with minimum supervision and support from P&C Director.
• To support P&C Director in managing and improving Compensations and Benefit function to strengthen Organizational Effectiveness.
• Facilitate the multi-year and annual workforce planning in alignment with strategic directions and business plans, and implement the multi-year plans.
• Facilitate the recruitment processes in an effective, timely, fair and transparent manner to select qualified candidate for the job.
2. Employment and Employee Relations
• Coordinate onboarding/orientation process for new hires.
• Facilitate separation process in compliance with WV’s Policies, procedures and labor law.
• Facilitate staffing changes (promotion, new appointment, relocation, additional responsibility, secondment, etc.) in consultation with relevant line manager and technical staff.
• Update all staff changes in the assigned zone/s to relevant partners including Social Insurance Department, Personal Health and Accident Insurance Provider and Labor Management Agency in an accurate and timely manner.
• Administer Personal Income Tax, insurance claims and other benefits (absences, health check-up, etc.) for staff in the assigned zone/s in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and HR policies
• Handle staff grievances and disciplinary action processes in consultation with the P&C Director and line managers following Vietnam Labor Law, HR policy of WVV and WV principles on Employee Relations.
3. Partnering for Performance (Performance Management)
• Provide ongoing support and coaching to line managers and individual staff in the implementation of the Partnering for Performance (WV’s performance management approach and process).
• Equip line managers with relevant skills to inspire high performance, support career development and address poor performance in a timely and professional manner.
• Facilitate recognition of staff for their additional efforts/contribution and outstanding performance in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Staff Care and Employee Engagement
• Administer the staff engagement survey (Our Voice Survey) to get feedback from staff on the organizational and staff wellbeing.
• Support the P&C Director in developing WVV’s Our Voice follow up action plan in consultation with Senior Leadership Team and implement and/or coordinate follow-up actions to improve the results.
• Support in strengthening WV’s Christian identity and values and improving employee engagement.
• Coordinate spiritual nurture activities for Hanoi office as appropriate to the context of Vietnam.
5. P&C Information Management
• Ensure all employee information and recruitment processes are recorded on Workday in a timely and accurate manner.
• Generate queries, analyses and use data on Workday to inform P&C related recommendations/ decisions.
• Prepare P&C reports, payroll and other updates in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Learning & Development / Succession Planning
• Provide coaching/ support and tools to line managers to conduct talent review, identify second liners for key roles, develop/ update their talent profiles, conduct career conversations and facilitate their career development
• Support the P&C Director in developing and delivering learning and development activities that help close employees competency and skill gaps as identified in IDP and talent profiles.
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
• A bachelor degree in a relevant field.
• Degree in Human Resource Management is preferred.
• Good knowledge and understanding of HR functions such as recruitment, employment, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, learning and development, succession planning, talent management and development.
• Thorough understanding of Vietnamese labour law and practices
• Good understanding about humanitarian industry, WVV’s operation and its programs.
• Ability and skills to support the development of staff and leaders to meet and exceed the competencies required to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good written and spoken communications skills in English and Vietnamese.
• Well-organized work style including sound process management skills.
• Demonstrated judgment and discernment skills, maturity and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of staff and organizational records.
• Ability to coach, mentor and manage staff’s performance
• Willing to support the philosophy, purpose and values of WV in its work with the poor in Vietnam.
• A minimum of 5-year relevant working experience