WVV Administrative Assistant
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: Hanoi - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
WVV has a representative office in Hanoi, which is the work-base of about 60 staffs; the Administration unit also provides support to WVV staff across the country as required.
WVV receives funding different 13 support offices and thousands of donors, sponsors worldwide. To maintain the relationship with these partners, WVV receives and facilitates hundreds of visitors annually to their funded project/programs activities to monitor and evaluate the impact of their support. Supporting such trips is part of this position’s main responsibilities.
1. To support WVV in maintaining effective reception and administrative services.
2. To provide assistance to the Administrative Officer.
• All incoming telephone calls are answered in the courteous and professional manner to concerned staff and visitors.
• Cordial greetings are demonstrated to all visitors, ensure they are well-served and maintain the visitors’ logbook accurately.
• Maintain the mail out going register/ records properly.
• Receive all in-coming mail pouches, post office mail, newspapers and other deliveries as well as distribute appropriately and maintain the in-coming mail register.
• Ensure the reception area is well maintained, clean and tidy through coordination with relevant parties.
• Manage and coordinate the meeting room registration.
• Maintain proper inventory for all office supplies: stationery, kitchen stuffs and etc and raise purchase requisition accordingly
• Monitor the janitorial work to ensure office, meeting rooms and pantry always neat and clean.
• Arrange logistics for staffs’ business trip, visitors’ and events in Hanoi such as booking air ticket, transportation and hotel.
• Create purchase request on system to purchase office supplies
• Prepare and submit admin monthly payment relating to EMS, transportation, office renting, air tickets, hotel, and office supplies etc. to Finance Dept. on time and ensure proper cost charges to departments/Aps
• Carry out any other administrative tasks assigned by supervisor
• Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVV staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVV.
• Other tasks assigned by the manager to the team performance.
1. Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• College or University graduate
2. Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Highly proficient in spoken and written English
• Knowledge of computer (Microsoft Word and Excel), and office machine such as Fax, Telephone system, photocopier, and others as an advantage.
• Attention to detail.
• Fresh graduate with fast learning ability, strong potential and clear career path is also welcomed.