WVV Information Technology Officer
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to WVV_Recruitment@wvi.org
Email subject: Hanoi - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision (WV) serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded 12 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Centre (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri, Quang Nam, Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
- To support WVV in establishing standards and strategic direction for the Information Technology (IT) system of the organization in line with the WV Partnership Standards.
- To maintain the effective functioning of the IT system that facilitates WVV’s development activities.
- To assist the IT Manager in coordinating IT- related work and handling routine IT related issues in all the offices and projects.
- To provide the Management of WVV with Information/Communication Technology related recommendations and suggestion supporting the organisation’s strategic objectives.
1. Service desk
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users, including access service.
- Responds to Level 2 support (Global Center IT)
- Identify and recommend solutions for trouble issues which affect multiple clients.
2. Technical support
- Diagnose and resolve client workstation and mobile device issues.
- Participate in deployment of new or upgrade information technology and infrastructure projects
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Adhere to the integrity of controls, regulations and guidelines.
- Review operation processes to ensure consistent approval and compliance.
- Make recommendations and changes as appropriate.
4. Inventory Management
- Maintain IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software in accordance with company policy and procedures.
5. Service level management
- Collaborate in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets.
- Monitor service-level objectives to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded.
- Follow up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identifies customer training needs based on common problems.
- Develop and deliver documentation to ensure appropriate end-user support (eg. Video clips, E-learning...).
- Mentor less experienced staff in IT areas of expertise.
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent qualification background.
- Written and verbal communication in English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills.
- Ability to write up policies and guidelines
- Coordination skills.
- Commitment to working with and learning the poor and marginalized people, especially children.
- Willingness to support the philosophy, purpose and of WV in its work with the poor in Vietnam.
- At least 3 years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- In-depth experience in Windows; Microsoft products; Cloud-computing, Internet and Administering multi- serve multi- protocol (TCP/ IP & IPX); Windows NT local area network.
- Work experience in a big international development organization.