WVV NO Accountant
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: Hanoi - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 22,000,000 (FY21) with funding 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (67%) and PNS/grants (33%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
In FY21, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hung Yen, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Finance is a support function of WVV with the main responsibilities of maintaining and strengthening the accountability and stewardship over the financial resources being entrusted to the organization.
In addition to the requirement of professional and educational background, staff working for the Finance function are required to possess a strong characteristic of honesty and integrity, as well as the ability to arrange and work under high pressure to meet very strict deadlines of financial reports submission.
By working closely with the AP/Project staff and other support staff, Finance function assists the WVV Management in achieving the office objectives by provision of improved financial management, better compliance, better controls and procedures.
The position supports WV Vietnam to maintain high standards of financial stewardship not only at the National Office but also at the APs/Projects.
The main responsibilities include ensuring that all financial records comply with the WV Financial Policies and Procedures and meet audit requirements.
1. FIELD OFFICE ACCOUNTING FUNCTION
• Provide administrative financial services to the National Office to ensure compliance, quality, accuracy and consistency of work in all payments.
• Provide administrative support to Finance Officer, Senior Finance Officer in managing bank operation at National Office or AP/Projects
• Process Daily payments, Prepare Cash Disbursement Vouchers, Deposit and Journal entries.
• Process Data Entry on Sun systems is performed ensuring consistency and accuracy of transactions with WV standard chart of accounts and analysis codes.
• Supporting schedules and financial reports are prepared accurately and timely in cooperation with the Finance Department on 10th of each month.
• Petty cash is reviewed and cash count is conducted on a periodical basis.
• The assets register is regularly updated and reconciled with the Sun systems data and assets are physical verified at least on an annual basis.
• All outstanding advances and payables (more than 30 days) are tracked and reminded to the relevant staff or Finance Officer in a timely manner.
• Settlement Advices are prepared and submitted on a timely basis.
2. PROJECT ACCOUNTING AND SUPPORT
• Provide accounting support to the AP finance staff, including site visits to projects and APs.
• Provide assistance to Senior Finance Officer to ensure sound internal control environment at APs/Projects
• Provide assistance to Senior Finance Officer in reviewing and reconciling Project Financial reports for accuracy
• Provide support to AP finance staff regarding budget management.
3. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish filing system of key documents and maintain (in hard copy and soft copy) and in line with audit requirements
• Maintain all financial and other records required for audit purposes, and provide assistance in regular auditing of the National Office or APs/Projects
• Implement all necessary procedures relating to administration within Finance Department
• Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor time to time.
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
• Good knowledge of accounting theory, financial statements and government tax requirements
• Good interpersonal and communications skills;
• Good English skills (both spoken and written);
• Good computer and Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills.
• Experience in bank reconciliation, journal preparation, general ledger, financial statements, treasury management and government tax requirements.
• Experience in community development or with similar INGO.