WVV NO Finance Officer
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: Hanoi - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision (WV) helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVVconsists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVI Vietnam employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Finance is a support function of WVV with the main responsibilities of maintaining and strengthening the accountability and stewardship over the financial resources being entrusted to the organization.
In addition to the requirement of professional and educational background, staff working for the Finance function are required to possess a strong characteristic of honesty and integrity, as well as the ability to arrange and work under high pressure to meet very strict deadlines of financial reports submission.
By working closely with the AP/Project staff and other support staff, Finance function assists the WVV Management in achieving the office objectives by provision of improved financial management, better compliance, better controls and procedures.
The position supports WVV to maintain high standards of financial stewardship not only at the National Office but also at the ADPs/Projects.
The main responsibilities include ensuring that all financial records comply with the WV Financial Policies and Procedures and meet audit requirements.
1. FIELD OFFICE ACCOUNTING FUNCTION (50%)
- Regular accounting and adjusting journal entries are prepared
- Calculate and process monthly payroll and tax payment for all staffs
- All staff’s salaries and benefits are allocated to correct cost center
- Reconciliation (GL, GNs, bank, etc) is carried out on a monthly basis.
- The correction and consistency with WV standard of the used accounts and analysis codes is ensured.
- The assets register is regularly updated and reconciled with the sunsystems data, and assets are physical verified at least on an annual basis.
- Sunsystems data are entered and reviewed, supporting schedules and financial reports are prepared accurately and timely in cooperation with the Finance Department.
- All outstanding advances and payables (more than 30 days) are tracked and reminded to the relevant staff or Finance Officer in a timely manner.
- Settlement Advices are prepared and submitted on a timely basis
2. TREASURY MANAGEMENT (20%)
- Compile project’s funding needs and other regular operating expense to request sufficient cash Global Treasury on a monthly basis
- Control level of cash for the office as well as each AP within approved target low
- Timely confirm fund receipt and regular adjusting balance of restricted funds are prepared
- Ensure efficient cash and bank operations at AP as well as National Office
3. PROJECT ACCOUNTING AND SUPPORT (20%)
- Training and/or accounting support is provided to the AP staff, including site visits to projects and APs.
4. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES (10%)
- Update, advise and ensure tax and statutory compliance for the organization
- Audits of projects which he/she is not directly providing financial assistance and support to are conducted periodically
- Inputs to the annual objectives for the Finance Department which are consistent with the Finance Manual are given.
- Appropriate and on-time revisions are made to the Finance Manual, Field Finance Manual of WV Vietnam in accordance with the WV Global Center Finance manual.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor time to time.
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Good knowledge of accounting theory, financial statements and government tax requirements
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Good English skills (both spoken and written)
- Good computer skills
- Experience in community development or with similar INGO
- Experience in bank reconciliation, journal preparation, general ledger, financial statements, treasury management and government tax requirements.