WVV Regional Internal Auditor
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Email subject: [WVV Regional Auditor] - Your Name
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision (WV) helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
To provide an independent objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. This will be done by using a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance processes of the Organization.
Must prove high standards of professional and social ethics and will conduct regional engagements of varying size and complexity, provide support for planning for the various phases of the field work, carry out audit work as assigned by the Regional Senior Auditor or Regional Audit Manager, provide a summary of audit findings, criteria, risks and recommendations.
1. Technical Execution
Participate in the Annual Planning process: contribute to the preparation of the annual audit plan as will be directed by the Regional Audit Manager (RAM).
Active engagement with senior management staff within the NOs in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of assigned audits.
Ensure the preparation of pre - audit information and coordinate receipt of information from the auditees before the fieldwork.
Conduct detailed risk-based audit work and document findings of all allocated assignments within prescribed Audit Plan time lines.
Provide role of Advisor to Senior Leadership in absence of/ as may be delegated from time to time by RSIA or RAM.
Review follow up evidence of implementation of audit findings as per auditee “audit implementation plan’’ to ensure audit matters arising are fully resolved.
2. Quality Assurance:
Ensure WV GIA quality standards are maintained, which includes but is not limited to:
Timely audit binder setup and technical execution of audits (planning to completion) in Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) system.
Develop and submit timely audit work and draft findings to Regional Senior Internal Auditor (RSIA) for review
Ensure timely resolution of audit review feedback from RSIA
3. Professional Development
Maintain Continuing Education (CPE) by attending online courses or professional seminars and trainings. The incumbent should maintain a minimum of 40 units per year
Provide regular capacity building to Management Teams within NO Portfolios assigned, regarding RBIA and enterprise risk management during field work, and at designated training forums planned by Management.
Support and implement the Global Internal Audit (GIA) initiativesdeemed to increase the internal audit team effectiveness and efficiency
- Bachelor degree in Audit, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Professional audit certifications (ACCA/CPA/CIA) finalized or in advanced stage of certification process.
- Must be able to effectively work with new and changing situations including new regulations; where there may not always be a readily apparent solution
- Excellent presentation, analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skills
- Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices as always considered
- Perform all assigned audit duties in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Good analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skills.
- Must have prior working experience in audit (Public or private) of not less than three years in a recognized organization, two of which should be at a senior supervisory level. Experience in accredited audit firms and/or in a Non-Governmental organization will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in Risk Based Auditing
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others and establish credibility with business partners.
- Cross cultural and multi faith experience
- Exposure to various accounting systems