WVV Senior Urban Programs and Corporate Engagement Officer
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Email subject: Location - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision (WV) helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
The position holder will be in charge of providing strategic advice for the assessment, design, implementation, monitoring of urban program towards WVV’s goals in strategy 2023 - 2027. Besides, he/she also takes responsibility to seek for more funding opportunities, utilise and manage funds of private non-sponsorship (PNS), and ensure the compliance of corporate’s projects.
1. Quality Assurance for Urban Programs (40%)
• Identify appropriate methodologies, approaches that can be applied well in urban areas in alignment to the Urban Ministry Model (UMM) approach.
• Oversee and support the city-wide assessment process in order to develop an urban roadmap to complement the national strategy.
• Analyse, make innovation/initiatives for digitalization and adaptations in reference to other successful urban practices both globally and locally.
• Standardize/contextualize urban programmes in which can be integrated with WVV’s core projects models for urban settings.
• Support zonal and AP level to implement and monitor well urban programmes implementation while ensuring the availability of evidenced based data to demonstrate impact.
• Provide appropriate advice, supports to ensure compliances of Urban Programme Approach application frame-work; create substantial impacts to the targeted communities.
• Examine and explore the influence of urban programming on the implementation of large-scale urban projects, especially at city level.
• Determine the influence of urban programming and planning for a proper design in urban projects based on a thorough understanding of the local urban context and urban issues affecting the wellbeing of children.
• Look for and apply the appropriate components of an innovative methodology for urban development programming by utilizing technology, research, partnerships among others.
• Suggest/advocate further researches related to urban policies in which can be applied and integrated with WVV’s interventions in alignment to the governmental urban agenda and city plans.
• Strengthen evidenced based advocacy initiatives at City level while connecting it to neighborhood and district levels and linking it to urban planning & design and urban policies work.
• Take Disaster Risk Reduction – Response to Climate Change (DRR-RCC) account when designing, M&E of AP/Project’s proposal and activities to ensure that climate change and disaster risks can be addressed and reduced. He/she is also expected to provide support to APs, coordinate with functional departments, join emergency response when needed to ensure humanitarian standards and accountability.
2. Capacity Building and Knowledge Management for Urban Programming (10%)
• Contextualize documents, guideline, tools for urban programmes regarding Vietnam context then the urban APs can adapt and apply effectively.
• Design and deliver capacity building to relevant staff for urban programmes.
• Document, contextualize and scale up best practices of urban programmes implementation and utilize internal best practices other urban programs.
• Stay updated with global urban practices and resources within and outside of the organization and utilize them internally as relevant.
3. Corporate Engagement (45%)
• Grants proposal development.
• Provide recommendation for Go/No-Go analysis of grants opportunities meant for Urban areas.
• Provide advice on concept notes development for urban design, grant/PNS proposal and other programs which is applying at urban areas programs of WVV in alignment to the Urban Ministry Model approach, the city wide assessment results and WVV existing urban footprint.
• Participate in proposal design and technical writing, including: Problem analysis, theory of change, technical approach elaboration, log-frame development, set the targets of beneficiaries impacted by the proposed project, detailed description of proposed interventions and activities, GESI and sustainability strategy, cooperation mechanism with relevant actors in the sector.
• Prepare and manage budget development for national level activities.
• PNS proposal development.
• Lead PNS proposal development process.
• Maintain and PNS opportunity pipeline with corporates and foundations in Urban Areas and beyond.
• Engage with Support Offices on PNS opportunities.
4. Others (5%)
• Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVV staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVV.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the manager to contribute to the team performance.
1. Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• Bachelor’s degree on development, public policy or relevant field with minimum of 5 years’ experience directly working with urban programmes, fund raising and corporate sectors.
• Research, advocacy, communication skills/training.
2. Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Training/knowledge/experience on cross cutting sectors; Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion; Environment;
• Knowledge and experience of holistic community development
• Excellent interpersonal, representational and networking skills.
• At least 5 – 8 years’ in development sector with 5 years in urban programming implementation and fund raising.
• Extensive knowledge on urban programmes, urban policies/priorities, fund raising, CSR requirements.