WVV Special Project Bookkeeper in Ham Thuan Bac, Binh Thuan
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to WVV_Recruitment@wvi.org
Email subject: [ECHO - Binh Thuan] - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has been funded 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is operating in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Area Program (AP) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Southeast Asia is one of the most at-risk sub-regions globally regarding natural and climate-related hazards. COVID-19 and its secondary effects compound these risks, incl. the economic impact caused by the need for stringent public health measures. Although women are one of the most affected population in disasters, their voices in decision-making results in issues important are not often being prioritised in Disaster preparedness policies. Moreover, considering specific gender, age, and disability needs, evidence indicating violence against children and Gender-based Violence (GBV) tends to increase amongst disaster-affected and marginalised groups in hard-to-achieve and conflict contexts.
Oct 2021, World Vision will commence a project name "Enhancing inclusive and gender-responsive forecast-based early action (FBEA) for effective disaster preparedness in Vietnam and at regional level" which aims at strengthening awareness, capacity and resilience of local communities and actors, and engaging them in policy dialogue through evidence-based advocacy. This is a project co-implemented by CARE International, Plan International and World Vision International in Vietnam (WVIV) for 18 months (1 July, 2021 until December 2022). The project is funded by European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations.
The position supports WV Vietnam to maintain high standards of financial stewardship and assist the Project Manager in maintaining the books of accounts and other financial records of Project & adhering to the financial standards of World Vision financial system to ensure accountability. Besides, the position also conducts assigned monitoring tasks of the FBEA Project in the assigned sites to achieve the goal, outcomes, and outputs stated in the ECHO design document and logical framework.
FINANCIAL POLICY COMPLIANCE
- Administrative financial services are provided to the project to ensure compliance, quality, accuracy and consistency of work in project implementation.
- Consistent service delivery is ensured by collaborating and working closely with all of the team members of the Project.
- All the day to day operational procedures in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, closure, audit, etc. are conducted in timely manner and in line with WV Policy and Procedure, Field Financial Manual (FFM) and ECHO’s financial guidelines.
- The Project staffs are provided the necessary account analysis codes and assistance to correctly filled in and prepare cash advance, EER, payment request.
- The project team is assisted in verifying quotations, procurement, service supply contracts for project- related activity.
- Adequacy and correctness of the supporting documents ensured for payments and/or voucher preparation (using Voucher Interface) to ensure consistency with WV’s Policy and donor requirements.
- The financial transactions are monitored regularly to maintain project financial account in place and in order.
- The suppliers of the quotes/bids submitted for major purchases are randomly selected to verify the existence, nature of business (whether it’s related to the goods or services being asked to quote or bid), relationship of the supplier with the staff of the project and reasonability of amount quoted.
- The quality of the goods and services delivered to the beneficiaries is verified by conducting random visit to the project sites.
- WV accounting policies and procedures are communicated to all staff and relevant partners.
BUDGET MANAGEMENT & FINANCIAL REPORTS
- The Project Manager is assisted in planning and developing project budget in line with the Plan of Action and log frame.
- Financial forecast are provided on a regular basis to Project Manager for data driven decision making
- The financial reports cover memo prepared with variance explanations, Advances & Payables Aging Analysis (IA 264 & IA 269), the asset register updated, the bank reconciliation performed and sent on time to the Cluster Finance Officer for posting.
- Prepare financial report in donor’s required template for timely submission and compliance
- The Sun system generated financial reports are reviewed with assistance of Cluster FO and NO FO for any non-project related expenses, discrepancies and irregularities the project finance manual.
- The Manager is provided with the necessary management financial report as and when required and adhering to the standards/templates required by donor.
- Filing system of key documents is established and maintained (in hard copy and soft copy) and in line with audit requirements.
- All financial and other records required for audit purposes are maintained, and assistance provided in regular auditing of the Project.
- Bachelor Degree;
- Majored in finance/ accounting.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fair English, especially report writing skills;
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email;
- Ability and passion to learn about accounting.
- Experience in bookkeeping and accounting.