WVV Temporary Procurement Officer
Please apply via this link: WVV Temporary Procurement Officer
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 14 provinces including: Ha Noi, Hung Yen, Dien Bien, Hai Phong, Thanh Hoa, Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Da Nang, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, Dak Nong. WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
The position coordinates and monitors the implementation of Supply Chain Management (SCM) key focus areas and Regional/Global initiatives in Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management; analyzing and interpreting trends and observations for management action; and engagement with relevant National Office staff and other stakeholders.
The responsibility also includes managing the procurement process: developing and executing contractual agreements with suppliers through positive relations with supplier network, effective negotiations and management of contracts.
1. Business Requirements
• Understand the department's business requirements and apply in the day to day work.
• Advise and seek approval of internal customers of modifications from original requests.
• Facilitates across all parties the timely resolution of issues that could impact meeting the needs of the requestor and communities.
• Identify alternative supply sources for materials/services not under contract
• Work with Logistics to ensure safe delivery and receipt of ordered materials
• Resolve conflicts with deliveries and suppliers
3. Strategic Sourcing
• Execute the Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process as per the set guidelines based on the set guidelines for the assigned categories.
• Manage the RFQ/RFP Process including baselines & price survey methodologies as per the approved framework for the assigned categories.
• Lead negotiations for the assigned Categories.
• Supervise the Sourcing events Filed Offices and Assistance work relating to sourcing.
• Preparation of Procurement Committee submission documents to ensure their comprehensiveness to allow an informed decision-making process.
• Facilitate Purchasing Committee meetings and ensure that proper documentation is maintained.
4. Supplier Contract and Relationship Management
• Accurately complete the master data management form (or contract/supplier register)
• Monitor and complete contract close-out, renewal or retender, as appropriate for the assigned commodities.
• Ensure that contractual conditions and performance indicators are understood by the suppliers.
• Identify & resolve or escalate contract-related issues both internally and externally.
• Analyze supplier performance based on customer feedback information & other sources and coordinate with supplier for improvement.
5. Procurement Execution
• Receive incoming Purchase Requisitions (Pending Buyer Action), verify specifications are clear, conduct sourcing event if required items are not already on contract, the PR with actual supplier record and release PR for approval.
• Follow Procurement Polices and guidelines in Supplier Award decisions under the applicable threshold.
• Manage PO Change requests coordinating with Requesters, Budget Owners and Suppliers
• Consolidates all required documentation for presentation to Finance for timely supplier payment for materials and services delivered.
6. Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
• Collect and analyze organization-wide data to support decision-making
• Provide support in the design of the business metrics to monitor SCM performance and alerting management when the performance trigger is violated
• Conduct spend analysis to support strategic sourcing activities, and Supplier Relationship Management
• Prepare summary report of supplier bid responses for Procurement Committee award decision meetings
• Track and analyze procurement performance and savings against established target levels
7. Process, Procedure and Policy
• Conduct all procurement related tasks as per the approved procurement policies, processes and guidelines.
• Advice management regarding any challenge / risks / impractical guidelines.
• Collect customer feedback relating to the policies, processes and guidelines, and report to NO Management for improvements or change,
8. Systems Development and Implementation
• Collect and collate useful data which can be used to improve the general systems established and communicate this information to immediate Supervisor
9. Control and Compliance
• Conduct supplier pre-qualification for all new-suppliers and maintain records.
• Participate in development of risk identification & assessment tools, registers and other tools and assessing SCM and contractual risks for procurements of goods, works or services.
• Maintain proper filing and record keeping as per the guidelines set by the management.
• Coordinate with Requesters to close out open POs in a timely manner.
• Implementation of agreed audit recommendations in the procurement process as per the guidance given by the HoD.
• Participate in process to Review Partners / Sub-Grantees, internal control system in the procurement process to identify any gaps, document them under assessment reports, and capture under capacity building plans.
• Periodically monitor the progress on implementation of recommendations and the management of all parties.
10. Training and Capacity Building
• Coordinate, participate in, and/or train staff from Supply Chain Staff and other WV Departments on WVI Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems
• Conduct Partners' / Sub-Grantees' capacity assessment and capacity building plans as per set framework / guidelines.
• Train the Partners / Sub-Grantees based on the approved capacity building plan, monitor progress. Coordinate with internal stakeholders in monitoring the progress and submit progress reports to the management.
11. Cross-functional responsibility
• Grants proposal development implementation
• Provide procurement inputs for budget development, particularly in emergency response grants
• Provide training and support to project teams on procurement activities
HEA – DRR
• Prepare and prepositioning potential suppliers for key items for relief responses
• Ensure NO's SCM procedures, systems, protocols for emergency situations are applied and support AP/project’s staff understand these procedures as well.
• Provide active support, coordinate with functional departments, and procurement team in providing support APs/projects during emergency response in the targeted Area Programs/zone when needed to ensure humanitarian standards and accountability.
• Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVV staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVV
12. Other tasks assigned by the manager to the team performance
• Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification (advanced CIPS)
• Ability to demonstrate compliance to policies, industry regulations and local laws
• Understanding of non-profit organizations
• Very good computer skills for analyse data, information consolidation and track measures (excel)
• Ability to conduct market research to obtain competitive proposals from suppliers
• Ability to conduct PR to PO / Contract process
• Organizing, planning, analysing and problem solving skills
• Willingness to support articulate and demonstrate World Vision’s core in meaningful ways to stakeholders, staff, children and communities.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
• 2-3 years’ experience in procurement, including sourcing and purchasing in a similarly large agency in Vietnam context
• Experience working with individuals and groups
• Substantive experience working in the INGO sector dealing with multiple donor funds and meeting different donor requirements is preferred.