WVV Corporate Engagement Specialist
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: [WVV Corparate Engagement Specialist ] - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at the district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
The Corporate Engagement Specialist will support the Sponsorship and Alternative Funding Manager to develop the roadmap and strategy toward increasing Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS) funding in the strategy 2023 – 2027. The Corporate Engagement specialist will play a key role in building a strong engagement with corporates to seek more funding opportunities for PNS projects as well as ensure the compliance of corporate’s projects.
1. Corporate Engagement (40%)
• Manage a portfolio of current and prospective foreign corporate partners with a focus on delivering effective communication and engagement opportunities that build relationships with them and lead to investment in WV Viet Nam to serve the most vulnerable children.
• Conduct meetings, prepare materials and proposals, make the solicitation, and complete necessary follow-up to advance the conversation and secure support from foreign and multiple corporations in Viet Nam.
• Strengthen the high-touch, long-term relationships with corporate and other funders as well as demonstrated success soliciting and securing support from them.
• Build the pipeline for corporate support by identifying, researching and engaging Foreign and multinational corporations.
• Develop strategy and timeline for corporate relationship development, solicitation and implementation, coordinating with Operations, GAM and technical program teams as needed.
• Develop assets and identify new creative opportunities to add value for partners and deepen corporate engagement, including gratitude and recognition programs
• Coordinate with Communications and Public Engagement team to develop collateral, and support corporate partnerships through social media support.
• Respond to donor/partner questions and requests; resolve issues in a timely manner.
2. Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS) proposal development (40%)
• Engage with Support Offices on PNS opportunities.
• Maintain and PNS opportunity pipeline with corporates and foundations.
• Coordinate with Area Programs and technical program teams on development and writing of corporate proposals and solicitation materials.
• Provide recommendation for Go/No-Go analysis of PNS opportunities for serving the most vulnerable children.
• Provide appropriate advice, supports to ensure compliances of PNS projects as donors’ requirements.
• Support Area Programs in completing reports and documentation of PNS projects as requested by donors
3. Capacity Building on corporate engagement and PNS proposal development (5%)
• Develop training/coaching courses for Area Programs on corporate engagement and PNS proposal development.
• Deliver capacity building to relevant staff for corporate engagement and PNS proposal development
4. Support Joint Marketing Area Program (JMAP initiative) (10%)
• Support the digital marketing strategy which is aligned with and supportive the SOs’ digital marketing plan.
• Initiate and support the implementation of initiatives on Alternative Funding to increase sponsorship and non-sponsorship funding when possible
5. Others (5%)
• Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVV staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVV
• Perform other duties as assigned by the manager to contribute to the team performance
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Bachelor’s degree on development, public policy or relevant field with minimum of 5 years’ experience directly working in corporate sectors, fund raising.
- Research, advocacy, communication skills/training
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Training/knowledge/experience on cross cutting sectors; Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion; Environment;
- Knowledge and experience of holistic community development
- Excellent interpersonal, representational and networking skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain strategic relationships and manage stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills for a range of audiences
- Excellent writing, presentation and reporting skills
Required Professional Experience:
- 5 – 8 years’ in development sector with 5 years in corporate engagement and fund raising.
- Extensive knowledge development programmes, fund raising, CSR requirements.