WVV NO Finance Officer
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: Hanoi - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision Vietnam (WVV) has been funded from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVV is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
Finance is a support function of WVV with the main responsibilities of maintaining and strengthening the accountability and stewardship over the financial resources being entrusted to the organization.
In addition to the requirement of professional and educational background, staff working for the Finance function are required to possess a strong characteristic of honesty and integrity, as well as the ability to arrange and work under high pressure to meet very strict deadlines of financial reports submission.
By working closely with the AP/Project staff and other support staff, Finance function assists the WVV Management in achieving the office objectives by provision of improved financial management, better compliance, better controls and procedures.
The position supports WVV to maintain high standards of financial stewardship not only at the National Office but also at the APs/Projects.
The main responsibilities include ensuring that all financial records comply with the WV Financial Policies and Procedures and meet audit requirements.
FIELD OFFICE ACCOUNTING FUNCTION (40%)
- Prepare regular accounting and adjusting journal entries
- Reconciliation (GL, GNs, bank, etc) is carried out on a monthly basis.
- Ensure the correction and consistency with WV standard of the used accounts and analysis codes.
- Entered and review Sunsystem data, prepare accurately and timely supporting schedules and financial reports in cooperation with the Finance Department.
- Track and remind all outstanding advances and payables (more than 30 days) to the relevant staff or Finance Officer in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit settlement Advices on a timely basis
GRANT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (30%)
- Develop and review budget for Grant proposal
- Regular monitor burn rate of Grant projects and communicate with relevant stakeholders for timely improvement action
- Review Grant donor required financial report before submission to donor
- Site visit to all Grant projects to ensure minimized financial risk and compliance with donor guidelines and regulations.
- Provide training and coaching for project teams on financial requirements of the projects
- Perform quality check on financial report before submitting to SO and/or donor.
- Provide grant finance data to inform discussion on implementation strategy on a regular basis
- Conduct monitoring trip to grant projects to ensure grants compliance
- Coordinate with functional departments and Finance team in providing support APs/projects during emergency response in the targeted Area Programs/zone when needed to ensure humanitarian standards and accountability.
PROJECT ACCOUNTING AND SUPPORT (20%)
- Provide technical accounting support to ADPs or Projects, which is in transition and/or where there is no Finance staff, including site visits.
- Provide orientation and training to the ADP/Project finance staff when required.
- Conduct field monitoring of projects which he/she is not directly providing financial assistance and support to are conducted periodically.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
- Inputs to the annual objectives for the Finance Department which are consistent with the Finance Manual are given.
- Provide appropriate and on-time revisions are made to the Finance Manual, Field Finance Manual of WV Vietnam in accordance with the WV Global Center Finance manual.
- Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVV staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVV
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Good knowledge of accounting theory, financial statements and government tax requirements
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Good English skills (both spoken and written)
- Good computer skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in finance position
- Experience in community development or with similar INGO.
- Experience in bank reconciliation, journal preparation, general ledger, financial statements, treasury management and government tax requirements.