In recent years, the Vietnam Government’s support for the care of women and girls in need of special protection has been expanded. However, given limited provincial and district resources, some aspects of children and women protection continue to be underfunded.
Through the Human Trafficking Prevention for Women and Girls project in Điện Biên Povince, World Vision will support and work with the government and communities to tackle human trafficking issues and other forms of violence against women and girls, especially the most vulnerable.
The project will focus on measures to:
(1) address the lack of knowledge and skills of local community, especially women and girls on preventing human trafficking, violence against women/children, as well as gender inequality; and
(2) provide economic support which is also effective in addressing gender inequality, one of the root causes of human trafficking, as evidenced by good examples of UN Women and other aid agencies.
~ USD 1.63 million
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
March 2020 – February 2023
Mường Chà and Tuần Giáo Districts, Điện Biên Province
3,083 women (aged 18-30) and girls (aged 12-17) in Mường Chà and Tuần Giáo Districts who are at risks of trafficking and violence
- Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs
- National Committee for Children
- Vietnam Women’s Union
Provincial and local levels:
- People’s Committees at Province, District and Communal levels
- Department of Labour – Invalid and Social Affairs (DOLISA) at Province and District levels
- Child Protection Management Boards at Province, District and commune levels
- Women’s at Province, District and Commune levels