Consultant(s) for Developing a capacity building plan for Child Protection Committees and Collaborators for ACE Project
Please send your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17h00, 18 September 2022 Vietnam time.
Email subject: Consultant for Developing a capacity building plan for CPCs and Collaborators for ACE Project - Your Name
The Against Child Exploitation (ACE) project, funded by United States Department of Labor (USDOL), has commenced since 2019 in the Philippines with the view to strengthening the capacity of the Philippine government to address the worst forms of child labor (WFCL) including online sexual exploitation of children (OSEC), and violations of acceptable conditions of work.
Building on fruitful results achieved in Philippines, the ACE project will be implemented in Vietnam in 6 target districts of 3 target provinces (1. Dien Bien – North zone; 2. Da Nang City and 3. Quang Nam Province - Central zone of Vietnam) toward the expected outcomes as follows:
• Outcome 1: Improved enforcement of the legal framework and policies pertaining to the WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work
• Outcome 2: Improved assistance services for victims of WFCL and / or OSEC
• Outcome 3: Strengthened partnerships to accelerate progress in addressing the WFCL, including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work.
In order to achieve the Outcome 1, the Project will coordinate with the Quang Nam DOLISA to implement the activity of developing a capacity building plan for CPCs and collaborators, including establishing/strengthening reporting and referral mechanisms. This plan will include: Content of capacity building, Form of activity, and Time of implementation (during the entire project implementation phase).
To develop a capacity building plan for CPCs and collaborators, including establishing/strengthening reporting and referral mechanisms, in preventing, supporting, and addressing WFCL including OSEC, and violations of acceptable conditions of work.
A comprehensive capacity building plan for CPCs and collaborators, including establishing/strengthening reporting and referral mechanisms, is developed and agreed by the implementing partners and relevant stakeholders.
I. Contents of capacity building plan
• Capacity building needs for CPC members at provincial-district-commune levels, including the following expected contents:
+ Levels of awareness and understanding of child labor (concept, criteria, causes, consequences);
+ Child labour monitoring tools in the community;
+ Study, analyze and evaluate the current situation of child labor in the locality;
+ Laws, policies, programs, projects, ... on child labor;
+ Trauma-informed care;
+ Home-visit model;
+ Working with children being engaged in child labor and their families;
+ Victim-focused case management;
+ Communication on prevention and reduction of child labor;
+ Develop a plan to prevent and reduce child labor;
+ Integrate child labor issues policies, programs, projects,...
+ Capabilities in Monitoring during implementation and Reporting after completion of activities.
• Specific capacity building subjects (CPC members, collaborators and related parties if any) & relevant capacity building contents;
• Appropriate forms of capacity building activities;
• Time and duration of activity implementation;
• Introduction of potential trainer/consultant sources.
II. Target groups
The objective and expected output can be achieved through a workshop joined by the following participants:
• CPC members at provincial level (30 people), Tam Kỳ city (15 people), commune level (around 25 people/commune x 4 commune)
• CPC Collaborators at village level: around 10 people/commune x 4 commune
III. Time and place
Time: September 2022
Place: targeted in Quang Nam or 3 provinces
Interested candidates will be asked to send an application package in English containing:
• CV (including full name, title, agency, contact phone number, relevant experience).
• The implementation plan and the detailed workshop outline (clearly stating the workshop agenda and implementation method).
• Proposal for Consulting Fee & Consulting Duration.
(Please see more details in Terms of Reference)
• Bachelor or Postgraduate Degrees in social work, sociology or related disciplines.
• Having knowledge and experience in capacity building activities for child protection staffs.
• Experience in facilitating and guiding the capacity building planning by participatory method.
• Minimum 05 years of direct experience in implementing training activities, seminars, ... to improve the capacity of local partners in the field of child protection.