WVV Administration Officer
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: Hanoi - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has been funded 12 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVV include: children protection all forms of abuse, exploitation, violence and injury; reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is operating in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh and Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Centre (Quang Tri, Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s AP usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
To support World Vision Vietnam in maintaining efficient communication systems and office management, including providing general administrative support.
1. Logistics management
• Manage transportation arrangement including vehicle and air ticket for staff travelling, ensuring safety and cost-effectiveness
• Logistic support for visitors including transportation and hotel arrangement as required
• Logistic support and preparation for trainings/workshops/events in Hanoi office including booking hotel/meeting venues, tea break, lunch;
• Maintain the proper inventory of all office supply: stationery, kitchen stuffs and etc.
• Support expatriates in renting appropriate housing
• Other administrative tasks and assignments are carried out as and when necessary.
2. Office & Asset management
• Manage, register and verify all Hanoi office’s assets including annual asset verification on REAM-WVI database system (for Office assets insurance purpose).
• Maintain all office equipment and vehicles in well-functioning condition
• Monitor the work of cleaning company, do maintenance and decorate the office to ensure the cleanness, tidiness and professionalism in Hanoi office.
• Purchase general office assets as per the Procurement guide.
3. Payment and service supplier management
• Ensure the admin monthly payment relating to EMS, transportation, office renting, air tickets, hotel, office supplies and etc. to Finance Dept. timely and ensure proper cost charges to departments/APs
• Manage all suppliers related to admin field:
- Monitor supplier performance
- Manage the contract validity and ensure the timely contract extension/renewal
• Be responsible to source the strategic suppliers to provide the admin service for National Office such as stationery, confectionery, catering service and etc.
• Be responsible to sourcing strategic hotel & meeting venues for zonal or national events as Hanoi, Danang, Hochiminh & etc
5. Reporting & People management & Others
• Track and report on the agreed deliverables to the Head of Department
• Supervise Administration Assistant, Office Drivers, and Volunteers (if any). This also means that the Admin Officer is supposed to perform the tasks of Admin Assistant when she/he is absent.
• Manage the performance of above direct reports and take corrective actions for any gaps in direct reports’ performance
• Provide the coaching/training for direct reports
• Other tasks are assigned by the Head of Department
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
• University graduate at relevant fields
• Good communication skills
• Having good command of English
• Good analytical skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of computer (Microsoft Word and Excel), and office machine such as Fax, Telephone system, photocopier, and others as an advantage.
• Knowledge of basic accounting.
• Ability to oversee day-to-day operation.
• Strong organization skill with a problem- solving attitude
• Attention to detail
• More than 3 years relevant experience in office administration and have passion for administration work to help others and contribute to the success of the Department/ Organization.