WVV Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Lead
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Email subject: Location - Your Name - Position
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. World Vision (WV) helps all who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. World Vision International in Vietnam (WVI Vietnam) has been funded 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVI Vietnam consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS)/grants (30%). WVI Vietnam employs about 430 staff, of which 93% are Vietnamese nationals.
WVI Vietnam is operating in 4 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang, Hai Phong), Central (Thanh Hoa, Quang Tri and Da Nang) and South (Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVI Vietnam’s Area Program (AP) usually focuses within one administrative district of a province which populated by ethnic minority people with high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVI Vietnam’s Development Program Approach (DPA) is that AP team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVI Vietnam is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
This position holder will develop and execute a strategy roadmap for GESI mainstreaming and capacity building across WVI Vietnam, GESI-specific programming, organizational change, and positioning WVI Vietnam as a leader in innovative GESI responses.
The core areas of focus:
1. Develop organizational roadmap to improve GESI across Vietnam, in line with WVI GESI Policy.
2. Lead GESI mainstreaming work in Vietnam, especially related to positioning with donors and external partners for improved grants acquisition and programmatic impact, as a result of GESI Responsive programming.
3. Keep abreast of promising GESI practices (including in response to COVID Impacts) across sectors, ensuring effective knowledge management and sharing across Vietnam.
4. Research, test and pilot new GESI policy guidelines and programming approaches.
1. Develop organizational roadmap to improve GESI across Vietnam (20%)
• Initiate and promote GESI-inclusive organizational practices, through a strategy roadmap. This may incorporate: training on Unconscious Bias, accessible work spaces, support to Vietnam for Organisational GESI Self-Assessments, mentoring for emerging women leaders and GESI advocates within WVI Vietnam.
2. Lead GESI mainstreaming work in Vietnam, especially related to positioning with donors and external partners for improved grant acquisition and programmatic impact (30%)
• GESI mainstreaming resources: Together with Technical Programme Managers and Grant Acquisition/Management team create, revise and roll out context specific minimum requirements for GESI responsive programming within Vietnam, in line with WVI GESI Policy.
• Empowerment for GESI mainstreaming: Empower GESI focal points across zones and Operations teams with technical capacity, tools, resources, and program models to mainstream gender equality, disability inclusion and other priority inclusion priorities across programming and track GESI impact.
• Best practices generation and sharing: Lead the creation and promotion of good practices in Vietnam ’s GESI mainstreaming with GESI experts other organisations and the Partnership.
• Knowledge Management and External Positioning: engage on GESI principles, practices and trends with key stakeholders across Vietnam and identify opportunities for shared learning and thought leadership among partner organisations. Support communication’s staff to understand GESI principles in communications and marketing.
3. GAM/PNS Acquisition (20%)
• Provide Technical advice to develop Concept notes and funding proposals.
• Lead GESI analysis in proposal design and ensure GESI twin track approach is applied in the interventions
• Develop the narrative and budget for GESI activities of grants/PNS opportunities
• Provide training and coaching for project team on GESI aspect of the approved grants
• Regularly check with project team on the implementation of GESI activities and timely discover GESI aspects that need to be strengthened
Donor and partner engagement
• Contribute to donor and partner mapping and development of donor and partner engagement plan
• Contribute to the delivery of the technical branding plan through developing sectoral capacity statements, representing WVI Vietnam in technical networks, meetings and workshops of donors and partners, collaboration with Communications Department to develop resources that highlight WVI Vietnam technical expertise, organizing technical workshops on successful models with external audience
• Ensure partners (CSOs, academia, research institutes, and the private sector) are ready for programming and grants acquisition through proactively identifying and engaging with potential partners and leading the partner vetting process which includes partner due diligence and rapid capacity assessment process.
4. Research, test and pilot new GESI policy guidelines and programming approaches (25%)
• Identify, pilot, and scale up targeted GESI programming models, drawing on global models and approaches, with an emphasis on contextualized regional and locally-led initiatives.
• Ensure clear linkages and pathways of change between GESI programming and Child Wellbeing outcomes (aligned with WVI Vietnam strategy).
• Initiate and oversee GESI-related research that contributes to external positioning, thought leadership, and program quality.
• Provide support to APs to ensure APs follow core international humanitarian standards.
5. Security (5%)
• Take responsibility for personal security, accurately identify and assess the dangers and respond in the most appropriate way; take all good faith efforts to keep other WVI Vietnam staff and property secure with guidance and instruction as being trained by WVI Vietnam.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the manager to contribute to the team performance.
(Please see more details of Role dimension in Job Description)
1. Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Political or Social sciences, Economics or Project Management.
2. Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Detailed knowledge of current approaches to gender equality, disability inclusion and broader inclusion programming in both complex humanitarian disaster and transformational development environments
• Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
• Familiarity with gender mainstreaming frameworks is an asset
• Field experience is a plus
• Experience and strong understanding of institutional donors and/or World Vision/INGO’s GESI frameworks, emerging models, policies and/or programming.
• Experience leading or supporting organizational GESI Self-Assessments or GESI Audits
• Proven track record in securing funding in the field of climate change and adaption, and/or livelihoods.
• Demonstrated leadership and management experience in technical sectoral teams
• Understanding of resilience building and climate action approaches
• Ability to appropriately commission, interpret, and apply research and evaluation activities
• Ability to influence strategies and plans of partners; both WV entities and any external partners.
1. Required Professional Experience
• At least 5- 8 years’ experience in Gender and development work
• Experience in supporting GESI responsive & transformative designs, related mainstreaming strategies and activities across various sectors.
• Experience leading GESI analysis (specifically gender and disability analysis) to inform design and to support GESI-Responsive monitoring and evaluation.
• Experience in policy influence, advocacy or research related field.